• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New from Baton Rouge

Tjraley2

Vendor Rep
New to saddle hunting. From Baton Rouge, LA. I hunt in Covington, LA and in Deep South Alabama.

Looking forward to buying my first saddle. In the research stage, but formulating some opinions... I’ll be asking tons of questions soon. Thanks in advance for all the help!

Welcome. I live in Denham Springs if you would like to try a size one kestrel if you would like to try it out before you make a purchase.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Welcome. I live in Denham Springs if you would like to try a size one kestrel if you would like to try it out before you make a purchase.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

That would be great! I’ll shoot you a message as soon as I figure out how to do it!

New to saddle hunting. From Baton Rouge, LA. I hunt in Covington, LA and in Deep South Alabama.

Looking forward to buying my first saddle. In the research stage, but formulating some opinions... I’ll be asking tons of questions soon. Thanks in advance for all the help!

Honestly, in the south... I feel like your options are either Kestrel or modified Sit & Drag. You don’t know yet if you are a sitter or a leaner, and that will play a HUGE part. I would recommend finding someone with a Kestrel and playing around with it a good bit. It is good for both sitting and leaning, and has the benefit of being manufactured by a company with professional standards. Up until a couple weeks ago, I was a diehard Sit & Drag fan. I finally got to sit in a Kestrel at #saddlepalooza this year, and I am SOLD. It is one hell of a saddle, and I tip my hat to @Boudreaux for how well made it is. For a guy starting out, there is no better decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome. I’m right down the road from you. I work in BR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good to know there are some folks right around me! You hunt public or private? I’ve been hunting a small piece of public land and have seen some deer. I’ve been too chicken to venture off into sherburne or tunica solo.

Honestly, in the south... I feel like your options are either Kestrel or modified Sit & Drag. You don’t know yet if you are a sitter or a leaner, and that will play a HUGE part. I would recommend finding someone with a Kestrel and playing around with it a good bit. It is good for both sitting and leaning, and has the benefit of being manufactured by a company with professional standards. Up until a couple weeks ago, I was a diehard Sit & Drag fan. I finally got to sit in a Kestrel at #saddlepalooza this year, and I am SOLD. It is one hell of a saddle, and I tip my hat to @Boudreaux for how well made it is. For a guy starting out, there is no better decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m trying to find a time to swing by and try out denots’ saddle. He has a size 1 kestrel and is only about 20 minutes from me. Looks like I’ll be going that route.

Then it’s on to figuring out how to climb...

Back