• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New from Minnesota

Airborne06

Hello i am very interested in trying the tree saddle. I would like to ask where you find these products you are using and how to properly tie the correct knotsknots. And any other info needed ( links appreciated) . I am very interested in doing something similar to g2 sit and drag set up. I hunt large tracks of public land and ride a bicycle so I think this would make my transit much easier. Thank you in advance. O one more thing does tree saddle use limits tree selection in any way

Welcome to the site, I’m not a sit drag guy so I’ll wait for their expertise. Sure sounds like your on the right track, lightweight & pick any tree that will hold you!

I currently hunt out of a lone wolf alpha how does the comfort compare. And how is the speed and stealth compared to a hang on

Welcome! Minnesota here too! Look at the saddle hunter map to see where we're located, there's a few of us in the great white North.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

What part of Minnesota? I'm in Jordan and would gladly demo some gear for you. Heaven knows I own most everything you see listed here. Except the sit drag. I was never able to get into that craze. Sorry @g2outdoors......

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MN here also. I started saddle hunting last fall with a sit-drag and hunt with a bike as well. Live in the big city now, but am currently buying a house and small property out in Corcoran. I’d be happy to meet up with you this summer sometime after we get settled into our new house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What part of Minnesota? I'm in Jordan and would gladly demo some gear for you. Heaven knows I own most everything you see listed here. Except the sit drag. I was never able to get into that craze. Sorry @g2outdoors......

I am from big lake.I might have to take you up on that offer I am very interested in the tree saddle and would like to see it in use before I dive in too deep.

MN here also. I started saddle hunting last fall with a sit-drag and hunt with a bike as well. Live in the big city now, but am currently buying a house and small property out in Corcoran. I’d be happy to meet up with you this summer sometime after we get settled into our new house.

What do you use for a bike , and Does your tree saddle pack better with your bike then a stand. And what does your bike rig look like. I’m just always interested in seeing and trying new setups

I am from big lake.I might have to take you up on that offer I am very interested in the tree saddle and would like to see it in use before I dive in too deep.
Any time. I also work in Brooklyn Park so we could meet after work some time.

What do you use for a bike , and Does your tree saddle pack better with your bike then a stand. And what does your bike rig look like. I’m just always interested in seeing and trying new setups
I also have a bike I'm planning on using this year. I built an electric fat tire bike. There is no question that my saddle setup will go on this bike easier than any traditional stand.

Yes, the saddle is much easier to pack in. I even started putting the harness on at the car before I leave so I don’t have to wrestle with that at the tree.

Here’s my bike setup. I have been experimenting with different ways to carry the gear in and am now using the tree steps which make it even more compact.

Attachments

• IMG_4206.JPG
    IMG_4206.JPG
    891.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4206.JPG
    IMG_4206.JPG
    891.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Back