• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New guy from Alabama

hitdawg

Hello Saddlehunter.com! Great website you have here. This is how forums on the internet should be! I'm a previous TL saddle hunter, so I'm not completely new to saddle hunting. It's just been a few years. I'm currently using a sitdrag, but have a Kestrel on order. I keep using all the great ideas on here and thought I should say hello. Hopefully one day I'll be able to share something on here to help somebody else out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello Saddlehunter.com! Great website you have here. This is how forums on the internet should be! I'm a previous TL saddle hunter, so I'm not completely new to saddle hunting. It's just been a few years. I'm currently using a sitdrag, but have a Kestrel on order. I keep using all the great ideas on here and thought I should say hello. Hopefully one day I'll be able to share something on here to help somebody else out.

Welcome to the site! :D

Welcome, what part of the state do you hunt in? Im in W. Central, near the U of A.

Thanks! I'm in Huntsville. Some spots around here the rut doesn't start until last week of Jan and into Feb. Lots of hunting days left.

Thanks! I'm in Huntsville. Some spots around here the rut doesn't start until last week of Jan and into Feb. Lots of hunting days left.

you ain't far form me. We go to Huntsville every now and then . we spent a lot of time there at Lowes and Home depot when we were working on our rental in Fayettville. lots of dadgum traffic around the mall lol spend some time at Wheeler every chance i get which aint often but the guys i work with go every week

Too much traffic everywhere around here! Wheeler is all I got this year. That's why I needed to revisit saddle hunting for those super long walks in and out. Sounds like you are my neighbor in TN. What's public land hunting like up there? I've heard it's a target rich environment with some big bucks.

Back