• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New guy from Central FL

Tapeworm

SH Member
I hunt public land in central FL. The WMAs are heavily pressured so I try to think outside of the box. I always thought saddles would help me but haven’t used one yet. (Although I do own several Trophyline Ambushes).

Finding Saddlehunter.com has informed me & opened my eyes to making the jump to saddle, FINALLY.

I have pretty decent success with getting deer but want to step up my game and be able to hunt where others can’t.

Got my last buck of the season last weekend and as I am looking forward to beginning my saddle plans for next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's great. This is the place to learn. Welcome to the site.

Thanks

I’ve already learned a lot since finding SH this summer. Also i already had some saddle hunting useful equipment & have been buying stuff all fall.

I might actually sell off some of my stuff in classifieds as I narrow down what I prefer. Some off the stuff is still brand new but not made anymore.

Thanks

I’ve already learned a lot since finding SH this summer. Also i already had some saddle hunting useful equipment & have been buying stuff all fall.

I might actually sell off some of my stuff in classifieds as I narrow down what I prefer. Some off the stuff is still brand new but not made anymore.

What do you have?

-Trophyline Ambush(Med)

-Trophyline Ambush(Large)

-LW Assassin & factory harness

-Millenium Realtree m100

- 4 LW sticks & Stand(not sure if alpha or assault)

Out of that stuff I’ve used 1 LW stick to reach my summit climber on fat trees when hanging head high to start.

Everything else I’ve never used but bought ambushes on eBay years ago so I’d have to check them for wear. Don’t remember if they were new, like new, lightly used when I got them.

Reactions: PJC
My original plan many years ago was to combine the Trophyline Ambush with Assassin platform

welcome Tapeworm. I came over from HB to check out saddle hunting as well. getting my first saddle in the next couple of weeks.

welcome Tapeworm. I came over from HB to check out saddle hunting as well. getting my first saddle in the next couple of weeks.

Hey good to see ur here also

I just finished my season with a decent 10pt buck at Green Swamp West in ur neck of the woods, last weekend.

I’ll finally have a little spare time. We ought to get together and brainstorm some of our knowledge of HB & SH if ur interested.

I have a good amount of gear that u could look at and try out.

Welcome to the site! If you ever grow tired of that assassin let me know......

Will do

It’s brand new, never been on a tree

Always liked the idea of the Assassin but if I can save weight by doing an Ernie’s platform or whatever the SH platform dream team is concocting, I’ll sell it.

Will do

It’s brand new, never been on a tree

Always liked the idea of the Assassin but if I can save weight by doing an Ernie’s platform or whatever the SH platform dream team is concocting, I’ll sell it.

You'll still need a saddle.

You'll still need a saddle.

I have 2 sizes of Trophyline mesh Ambush saddles , a sit drag/black diamond couloir rock harness combo & am gonna order a size 2 kestrel

I’m jumping in the deep end

Back