• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Quarry 2016

We finally have an archery bear season this year and I'm not sure I'm even going to be able to put any real effort into it :(

Half the battle for us is just getting lucky. My general area doesn't home many bears, but a guy from my work is in bear country. We cannot bait bears but we can bait deer. A site for legal purposes is not considered baited after 10 days of being bait free. We do have them coming in regularly to our deer sites so we will stop feeding prior to season and hope they stay on pattern a few extra days, and pray we are on stand when they show up. very difficult to pattern a bear otherwise.

Half the battle for us is just getting lucky. My general area doesn't home many bears, but a guy from my work is in bear country. We cannot bait bears but we can bait deer. A site for legal purposes is not considered baited after 10 days of being bait free. We do have them coming in regularly to our deer sites so we will stop feeding prior to season and hope they stay on pattern a few extra days, and pray we are on stand when they show up. very difficult to pattern a bear otherwise.
We have bears all over but I hear you on patterning them. I have a few spots where they seem to come through more than others, so if I get out I will just sit in those. Then its a matter of them coming within bow range. We have some weird rules since we've transitioned into a bear management program. You can bait for bears if you are sitting on the ground, but not if you are in a tree. If you're in a tree you have to be 150 yards from a bait pile.

Those sound like so crazy rules. Bait on the ground but not in the tree. How does that make sense lol. I am waiting for the day we get a bear season in CT. The population has grown quite rapidly and they have become bold in more instance than one.

Those sound like so crazy rules. Bait on the ground but not in the tree. How does that make sense lol. I am waiting for the day we get a bear season in CT. The population has grown quite rapidly and they have become bold in more instance than one.
This is NJ, do our rules really need to make sense?? lol

Back