• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New XOP platform

Tom Karrow

So, new to saddle hunting I got an XOP seat and Ernies set up. Ernie was GREAT to work with as the seat I ordered is a new model and it has some small changes to an older model. (Thank you Ernie)

Everything seems good except, the tabs attached on the outside of the platform are uneven. On one side the gap between the seat and the tab is too small for a rope to fit through. I fiddled around with the platform and I am not confident with the way I have the strap. I did not like the amsteel attachment so I have tried a LW strap.

Has anyone also used a LW strap on this type of set up and if so, how do you attach the loops to either side of the platform?
Is the platform material soft enough to bend the tabs out but strong enough not to break if I do bend them out??

Thanks!
Tom
Waiting for my Kestral... whole kit, number 333, no email yet!

The tabs may break from you camming it over, let alone trying to bend them wider.

Don't attach the strap directly to the tab. They WILL BREAK. Follow my video on youtube to wrap the platform.
I found a video but it does not shot the off side connection. I only see..." once it is on the tree, adjust the strap and cam it down..."

Thanks, T

I found a video but it does not shot the off side connection. I only see..." once it is on the tree, adjust the strap and cam it down..."

Thanks, T
It shows it at the end. You wrap the tag end around the platform and loop it over the tab.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Several guys on here have broken tabs. If you wrap the strap around the platform then hook the tab you should be fine. The other side you basically girth hitch and it stays on the platform. If you ever break a tab you can girth hitch to the broken side and use the other tab.

Several guys on here have broken tabs. If you wrap the strap around the platform then hook the tab you should be fine. The other side you basically girth hitch and it stays on the platform. If you ever break a tab you can girth hitch to the broken side and use the other tab.
And hopefully, the tab does not break when I am standing on it! There must be a better solution...
T

And hopefully, the tab does not break when I am standing on it! There must be a better solution...
T

A tab broke on me but I was tethered up on my saddle so it was no problem. I believe it won't likely break if you wrap it around the frame first and then hook it to the tab. I have a versa button on it to loosely attach it to the tree until I cam it down. It is easier to hook up that way. Also if the tab broke my platform will not fall

You are going to like saddle hunting. You can borrow my aero if your kestrel is not in Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

If you just hook to the tab it is very likely to break. These are not made for camming over. Everyone wraps around the platform first then the tab so the pressure is on the platform not the tab. G2 has a video where he shows the whoopie sling, not the strap video and I'm pretty sure he makes what I'm saying very clear.

A tab broke on me but I was tethered up on my saddle so it was no problem. I believe it won't likely break if you wrap it around the frame first and then hook it to the tab. I have a versa button on it to loosely attach it to the tree until I cam it down. It is easier to hook up that way. Also if the tab broke my platform will not fall

You are going to like saddle hunting. You can borrow my aero if your kestrel is not in Tom

Thanks! Ill let you know... waiting for the Kestral at this point.
T

If a tab breaks do you think drilling and installing a pin or bolt will significantly weaken the platform ?

If a tab breaks maybe you can do this or even just do this if your seat doesn't have tabs

Attachments

• IMG_20170924_121838716-1002x1336.jpg
    IMG_20170924_121838716-1002x1336.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 51
Back