• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

No Commercials or sponsorships, Why?

Autumnrider

Don't understand why the few saddle stand companies don't use commercials or sponsorships to advertise. Seems to me, to be competitive, you have to show out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Well I would think as small a community as there is; the saddle hunter forum has done the advertising for these companies.
A lot of the companies in the scheme of things are fairly small and do not have a big budget for advertising.

Hmm makes me wonder though.....

Well I would think as small a community as there is; the saddle hunter forum has done the advertising for these companies.
A lot of the companies in the scheme of things are fairly small and do not have a big budget for advertising.

Hmm makes me wonder though.....
I think that your correct on the budget.
But just as long as I've been on the saddlehunter.com site, I may be wrong, the popularity of saddle hunting has tripled

But just as long as I've been on the saddlehunter.com site, I may be wrong, the popularity of saddle hunting has tripled

It will continue once people realize it is the safest way to hunt from a tree

It does frustrate me when I am listening to bowhunting podcasts and a guest will start talking about how amazing saddles are and most of the time the host will hurry up and change the subject without even acknowledging the saddle comment. I know this is probably because their sponsors do not want them talking about saddles, but it still frustrates me.

Sorry didn't finish, my horse ferrier called.......
Seems to me that if this is growing in popularity, a company, if any way possible, should jump in the saddle and swing with us.

Don't understand why the few saddle stand companies don't use commercials or sponsorships to advertise. Seems to me, to be competitive, you have to show out.
Commercials have been done.
Who are you going to sponsor? Someone on TV who knows nothing about saddles? Who couldn't talk saddles with someone?
I have spent a fair amount of time at trade shows in a saddle trying to pitch saddles to the hunting community. Saddle hunting is still so foreign to majority of the community. Most people will walk by and never take a second look, a few will pause for a second and take a second look. Very few people who have never herd of saddle will stop to talk. People who have herd of them or use them will stop to talk.
I wish would would have kept track of people who I talked to who didn't know about saddles compared to those who did, compared to the number of SH members. We are a small part of those who use saddles.

Thanks,
Boswell

Years ago I used to do treestand safety “seminars” for the NWTF at an outdoor event . I used treestand and climbing methods of all types and I ended it in a Treesuit. There were always good responses especially from wives who were there with their husbands. They could see the safety benefit of using a harness. Hunting events like these could be a good way to get the word out and a focus on women and children and safety could be the ticket.

People who have herd of them or use them will stop to talk.
I wish would would have kept track of people who I talked to who didn't know about saddles compared to those who did, compared to the number of SH members. We are a small part of those who use saddles.

The Best way to advertise saddle hunting so far: The many reasons it is the best way so far:
  1. The Best Advertising So Far Is Saddlehunter.com
  2. I understand that their are about 20 million hunters in Canada and the USA...
  3. Kestrel sales about 1000... sales penetration for that product alone. .005 % of hunters with a Kestrel. A fairly insignificant number.
  4. Many of those hunters have 2 Kestrels so the sales penetration per hunter is even lower than .005%.
  5. Of course there are other saddles too. But many of those other products are owned by the same people.
  6. Number of members on saddlehunter.com over 2000 plus non members . I expect Saddlehunter.com has been responsible for a significant number of sales.
  7. Number of saddlehunter.com members who have a kestrel I would guess at least 25%...
  8. Other sales advertising... videos on Utube by @DaveT1963 , @Boudreaux , @g2outdoors , @flinginairos , @bowhunter15
  9. Saddlehunter.com provides free technical support to all saddlehunters. Another marketing bonus.
  10. Everyone who has a saddle becomes a marketing tool . How many of us have introduced a saddle to a friend. I just sold a aerohunter to someone who bought it for a friend..
I guess New Tribes owes Red a huge thank you. The saddlehunter.com effect. Your greatest marketing tool so far. I expect this site is responsible for at least 50% of all saddle sales, WE step sales, used lone wolf platform sales, XOP and lone wolf accessory sales, Guido's web sales, and used ameristep sales plus all the cool stuff people introduce us too. Of course Kiwi spurs better give us some marketing credits as well.

Last edited:
Conventional advertising is expensive and there's a lot of waste. IE paying to reach people who will never buy from you. Most of the manufacturers of saddle gear are on here. Forums like this allow for very cheap, HIGHLY targeted marketing. If somebody is on here chances are extremely high they are looking for saddle stuff.

Why pay tons of money to reach somebody who probably isn't interested in your product (most hunting show watchers, magazine readers) when you can reach dedicated consumers for free?

Conventional advertising is expensive and there's a lot of waste. IE paying to reach people who will never buy from you. Most of the manufacturers of saddle gear are on here. Forums like this allow for very cheap, HIGHLY targeted marketing. If somebody is on here chances are extremely high they are looking for saddle stuff.

Why pay tons of money to reach somebody who probably isn't interested in your product (most hunting show watchers, magazine readers) when you can reach dedicated consumers for free?
Presently the production capability of New tribes is limited anyway. They are still selling saddles in the off season and we still have to wait.

Presently the production capability of New tribes is limited anyway. They are still selling saddles in the off season and we still have to wait.
Yep. What we perceive as "normal" marketing is in reality limited to the big boys. I'd be willing to say that over 80 percent of the product we see in the big box stores is owned by maybe 4 or 5 companies. For example, Escalade Sports owns Bear Archery, Truglo, Easton, Whisker Biscuit, Wild game Innovations, etc.

Companies like that can afford celebrity endorsements, magazine ads, and tv spots. Lots of good companies out there that either can't afford that or are smart enough not to try. The hunting industry is relatively small. Smaller than the fishing, camping, and birdwatching industries. Saddle hunting is a niche within a niche. As a marketing guy, this site is fascinating. Every company wishes they could find a group of dedicated consumers like this. New tribe has a good thing going, IMO. Only fly in the ointment is them pesky DIYers. ;)

Last edited:
Yep, we're at opposite ends of the state.
A couple buddies and I are planning to hunt panther swamp that is located near Yazoo this year, you should try and join us if possible. Not sure what dates yet but I do know we are planning to hit it in early bow season and hope to catch the rut about the second week of December

Commercials have been done.
Who are you going to sponsor? Someone on TV who knows nothing about saddles? Who couldn't talk saddles with someone?
I have spent a fair amount of time at trade shows in a saddle trying to pitch saddles to the hunting community. Saddle hunting is still so foreign to majority of the community. Most people will walk by and never take a second look, a few will pause for a second and take a second look. Very few people who have never herd of saddle will stop to talk. People who have herd of them or use them will stop to talk.

Thanks,
Boswell
I get the same responses just trying to introduce the whole saddle thing to folks. Lot's are scared of change.

A couple buddies and I are planning to hunt panther swamp that is located near Yazoo this year, you should try and join us if possible. Not sure what dates yet but I do know we are planning to hit it in early bow season and hope to catch the rut about the second week of December

Love that place. Just not many options for places to stay. Hunters trucks were getting broken into every night while I was at the days inn. I guess seeing a stick bow on the back seat wasn’t worth the risk.

1. The Best Advertising So Far
  2. I understand that their are about 20 million hunters in Canada and the USA...
  3. Kestrel sales about 1000... sales penetration for that product alone. .005 % of hunters with a Kestrel. A fairly insignificant number.
  4. Many of those hunters have 2 Kestrels so the sales penetration per hunter is even lower.
  5. Of course there are other saddles too. But many of those other products are owned by the same people.
  6. Number of members on saddlehunter.com over 2000 plus non members . I expect Saddlehunter.com has been responsible for a significant number of sales.
  7. Number of saddlehunter.com members who have a kestrel I would guess at least 25%...
  8. Other sales advertising... videos on Utube by @DaveT1963 , @Boudreaux , @g2outdoors , @flinginairos , @bowhunter15
  9. Saddlehunter.com provides free technical support to all saddlehunters. Another marketing bonus.
  10. Everyone who has a saddle becomes a marketing tool . How many of us have introduced a saddle to a friend. I just sold a aerohunter to someone who bought it for a friend..
I guess New Tribes owes Red a huge thank you. The saddlehunter.com effect. Your greatest marketing tool so far. I expect this site is responsible for at least 50% of all saddle sales, WE step sales, used lone wolf platform sales, XOP and lone wolf accessory sales, Guido's web sales, and used ameristep sales plus all the cool stuff people introduce us too. Of course Kiwi spurs better give us some marketing credits as well.
HUGE, HUGE POINT.....Great points.
Sometimes you could almost wish that we kept this to ourselves but again, thanks to all the old timers on saddlehunter.com, I have 2 saddles and I also have spent a lot of $$$$$. Just wish I could have come up with this idea 30 years ago.

Love that place. Just not many options for places to stay. Hunters trucks were getting broken into every night while I was at the days inn. I guess seeing a stick bow on the back seat wasn’t worth the risk.
That's scarry. I'm hope that we will be having a large gooseneck camper to stay in. Seals72 is in the process of buying now. Maybe being this close to our hunting area will detour those pieces of crap from stealing anything.
Have any luck while there?

Back