• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Old Timer Checking In

swampsnyper

Been a while guys. Got a lot of catching up to do. Don't know what's the latest rope, how many kids red squirrel has now, if G2 is still the saddle hunter playmate of the year, has Essdub got over his case of rabies....
So much reading to do!

Lol.

@essdub disappeared! Haven't heard from him in awhile. I wish he would check in.

Glad to see an Old Timer swing back around!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Lol @ all you guys.
I've been so busy that I just haven't had time to do anything good for me( like being in the woods) since early November. I got a promotion so I'm running our electrical division working 60plus hrs a week. I sure hope I can get this thing under control before deer season rolls back around.
Miss you guys. I haven't even spurred up a tree since first week of November last year. I did do a descent on a rope recently but that was just to show my lil brother how.
Hopefully I'll be back in my coonskin sling before too long.
Ps.
I do check in and read a little but once in a while if I get a free minute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We miss you both! I hope you guys can get out in a tree more this fall! Life gets busy huh?? I'm busy with work right now but hopefully it will calm down in a few weeks. I need to get out and prep all of the new trees I found this winter.

I think @g2outdoors is getting ready to release his calendar before next hunting season. I heard he is in a different sit and drag pose every month. Even some nudes!

Hey swamp , would you happen to remember me from bayou bucks? Serenity Longbow? Looks like I made my way here. I have seen a couple videos with c1bigbear as well.

Hey swamp , would you happen to remember me from bayou bucks? Serenity Longbow? Looks like I made my way here. I have seen a couple videos with c1bigbear as well.

I do now that you mentioned Serenity Longbow. How you been? I keep saying I'm gonna get into building bows as soon as I get settled in. All my tools are in storage. Pain in the but to dig anything out plus I have no where to actually work on projects at this small rent house. Almost finished with house plans though. Won't be long until I'm wide open again. Got plenty hickory trees on my place. Keep thinking about practicing building a bow on a stave.
Started to cut out my fireplace mantle the other day and decided to get a chainsaw mill to make better cuts. Once it came in my chainsaw broke so I never got to play with it. Waiting on it get fixed at the shop.
Lots of projects running through my head!
b67bcb047e1d86890f45b6d784cebf3b.jpg

Post some pics on your mill please. Been looking into getting one. I'm planning to build a house as well and have some old wood that needs cutting and planning before we start the build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I did that free hand with a chainsaw. Decided to buy this. Had lots of good reviews. My chainsaw broke before it came in so I hadn't had time to put it to work. The bandsaw models are out of my budget. There maybe someone close by that has one. I hadn't found one close to me but lots of people that bought one will cut your logs for you. They are just to big to store for a small project.

ed1d3aca5b98822a8b8fa4860f282e9c.jpg

You guys do some interesting things.

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

Back