• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

On Rappel

I got the okay to order all my stuff from the wife! I'll be joining you soon.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'm excited for ya brother. Let us know what gear you decide to go with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharlieRay, looks good. How does the Lifeguard work on the predator rope?

CharlieRay, looks good. How does the Lifeguard work on the predator rope?

Well my first observation was that the device locks down on the rope very well. I was only around 8/10 feet off the ground just getting the feel of the equipment. I did not have what you all would call a smooth descent , choppy may be the word. I'm sure I will get better at it over time. I did feel very secure though and although I did not take my hand off the brake rope I probably could have.

It take time to learn to trust the equipment and get over the fear of falling. at least it did for me. After that, it sure is fun and a whole lot safer.

I'm excited for ya brother. Let us know what gear you decide to go with.

Thanks man. The plan is Samson ultra tech 9mm, lifeguard, delta screwlink, and an autoblock. I will update when I get it all and get a chance to give it a go. I am also going to be trying climbing with a one aider method.

I altered my plan a bit after consulting with G2. Going to get a pulley to help retrieve my rope. Ordered my lifeguard today. Getting everything else ordered this week.

I altered my plan a bit after consulting with G2. Going to get a pulley to help retrieve my rope. Ordered my lifeguard today. Getting everything else ordered this week.

Does the pulley take the place of the screw link?

I guess it doesn't completely take the place of it. The OP of that thread can probably answer better than I but I don't see why you couldn't use a link as opposed to a carabiner there. I think the pulley just helps with retrieval a lot.

That's a good idea and it can't hurt. but I think most of the friction with this set up is the rope itself on the tree not the link or carabiner.

You will like that set up.
97ccdf7efee7a147ebf51add2f8f763b.jpg
099904cb93497f31d76a3f0484ad5a0b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That is really slick. Def will be going that route this year. There was a few times I really had to mess with the rope to get it loose and I'm sure that pulley would make it easy!

Back