Ozone Podcast (with Shawn Chadwick)

Discussion in 'Scent Control' started by bowhunter15, Feb 12, 2018.

1. bowhunter15

bowhunter15 Well-Known Member

This is a podcast that includes myself, Boswell, and Shawn (BassBoysLLP) talking about Ozone. Specifically... what ozone is, how it is used in industries outside of hunting, if it's theoretically possible to work while hunting, what humidity does to ozone, what people have observed while hunting, tree-mounted units vs purging in a closet/duffle bag, DIY generators, effects on clothing, rubber boots, etc, and conclusions/takeaways for the average guy.

https://sportsmensnation.com/episodes/the-truth-about-ozone

PJC, TFNC and redsquirrel like this.
  2. kobudo

kobudo New Member

Great, thanks for putting this together! Now I have something to do on my overnight shift!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Guff Dawg likes this.
  3. bigjoe

bigjoe Active Member

Gentlemen,

I took the time to listen & learn from the broadcast. Thank you all so much for taking the time out of your schedules. Funny how the scent control companies out there never really address skin rafts. Other than being suited up from head to toe to help control the skin rafts.

Now I can tell my wife that hunting is helping me cut weight. Yup a plastic suit ducked taped in place is best for odor and scent control. Just like the old wrestling days

4. drew13

drew13 Active Member

Good stuff guys - very informative. Thanks!

I have a theory that using wood smoke works a lot like ozone - changes the properties of some smells due to its anti-microbial properties and acts as a jammer for other smells. Curious what BassBoys (Shawn) thinks of smoke for scent control....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. BassBoysLLP

BassBoysLLP Well-Known Member

I've gone back and forth on this one. I believe it helps a little (i.e. better than nothing) but an alert animal is going to be able to bust you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

6. kelly.jayp

kelly.jayp Well-Known Member

I got an Ozonics last year when Gander Mountain went out of business. Got it for 60% off including an extended life battery. Only used it a couple times but both times I had doe groups walk in from downwind and one group sat under me eating acorns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guff Dawg likes this.