• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

packing in and out

Robert loper

SH Member
i carry kestrel saddle, camera arm, weapon, 4 lw sticks, coveralls, and back pack and it not real organized any videos or ideas on packing up im trying to get an idea on how i would like to put my sticks on my pack and camera arm in pack but its too small i have the beast arm . 3 extensions any ideas? i need a good big back pack i can store camera arm in too but not an over 100 dollar pack any ideas?
i ordered a platform and kit so that too . lol

i carry kestrel saddle, camera arm, weapon, 4 lw sticks, coveralls, and back pack and it not real organized any videos or ideas on packing up im trying to get an idea on how i would like to put my sticks on my pack and camera arm in pack but its too small i have the beast arm . 3 extensions any ideas? i need a good big back pack i can store camera arm in too but not an over 100 dollar pack any ideas?
i ordered a platform and kit so that too . lol
Just got the Browning pack for Christmas think its 2500 cubic inches .i like it for lateseasoon

if I need to "pack things in" i.e. waders and all my gear - I sue an old Dwight Shuh hunting pack and use simple adjustable straps with cam buckles to attach everything which usually includes ( day pack with all gear in it, 3 sticks, platform, extra hunting clothes, waders (or rubber boots if I am wearing the waders) and my bow. Basically everything I need for the hunt is attached. I like it in one bundle for ease in carrying it is and to offload from my kayak. I will then walk to a "dressing spot" I preselect3ed about 100 yards away from tree. I will then remove everything, put my clothes and boots on, attach sticks to daypack and put it on, grab my bow and then stalk my tree. I leave the pack from right there until I get down and then load everything back on it and walk/kayak out.

Since these are no longer made (I think they were similar to the old coleman peak 1?) I would opt for the flexible military pack frames which are also nice.

Other then that I usually just wear my daypack with sticks attached and carry my bow.

Back