• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

"permanent" platform and sticks + 1 rope?

trukweaz

SH group, this might be posted...but Ive looked and cant find it.

I have a few local spots that I can hunt on private land where I would like to leave a platform, some steps or sticks and a treeline.

I was considering using a single, LONG rope as the treeline and climbing line.

Anybody run this set up? Do you use a ropeman or a Grigri for going up and down?

Thanks in advance.

I tried it once, the rope was to long. I like to move around the tree to shoot and when you do that it the rope moves at the base of the tree drawing attention to your tree.

Thanks,
Boswell

th
I tried it once, the rope was to long. I like to move around the tree to shoot and when you do that it the rope moves at the base of the tree drawing attention to your tree.

Thanks,
Boswell
thanks man, makes complete sense.

There are some that do this, but I have tried it and agree with Boswell.

I don't like climbing with the linemans belt. I use the long rope method...I connect in with a ropeMan connected to the long line. I feel much safer. When I reach hunting height, I pull up the long rope so it is not dangling at the bottom. I daisy chain or coil it and hang it in a branch. Did I mention that it we r he's as my bow pull up rope. At hunting height, I use my tether rope with another foreman.

Last edited:

Thanks,
Boswell
You can daisy chain the rope thats hanging and put it into your bag or clip it to the harness.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah I wouldn't use the long climbing rope as my tether. I'd bring my normal tether to hunt from and just use the long rope to climb. I don't think it would be a problem hanging but I'd rather pull it up and secure it in my bag or fork of tree.

How many platforms do you have to leave setup? Seems like that could get expensive. I was going to leave a few tree's setup with parachute cord so I could quickly pull up my rope and climb the rope, depending on the tree, some might be xop climbers, agree with everyone else, pull up the rope, but I haven't really done any of this yet outside of my back yard, lol.

How many platforms do you have to leave setup? Seems like that could get expensive. I was going to leave a few tree's setup with parachute cord so I could quickly pull up my rope and climb the rope, depending on the tree, some might be xop climbers, agree with everyone else, pull up the rope, but I haven't really done any of this yet outside of my back yard, lol.

i have 3 platforms. ill leave 1-2 in my private land spots that I hit for lightning strikes. Ill keep the other in my truck for my mobile hunts. Ive built 3 tree tethers too. so I will be covered.

Nice, wish I had a few extra platforms, and some private land to hunt!

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Back