• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pictometry

bmulnix

I have a little advantage when it comes to mapping. It's called Pictometry! World War II technology of creating 3D renderings from multiangle aerial Photographs. The county I work for just got it for assessing purposes, and emergency planning. High res photos so detailed I can count all the trees I hinged cut this spring. The images are not satellite, but high res aerial photos with the leaves off.
https://pol.pictometry.com/en-us/app/login.php

Wish I could upload a photo to show you, but I am just learning!

When you figure it out, post something up! It looks pretty cool!

I used a lot of that in forestry school in my aerial photogramitry class. We used to have to use stereo scopes. Talk about bug you eyes out :shock: I would cruise timber with them without ever stepping foot on the ground and even distinguish between species. Its good stuff. If you can find birdseye imagery with a time lapse its pretty good too consumer wise. I work with 1 meter resolution aerials at work with my GIS. I can count the shingles on your house.

Back