• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Piebald Buck

Bigburner

Pulled my card on a piece of private that I had gotten permission to hunt last year. Haven't hunted it yet like a stupid A** . There are shooters walking around in daylight at this place and it gets zero pressure. 1500 pictures since 9/4 and i had this guy show up. I'd guess a 2.5 yro. It would be great to let him blow up for the next few years and try to take a crack at him.

I know a few people who have seen them like that and I saw a whole body mount of one once too, but I've only ever seen them with just some white on their legs in the woods. So who is superstitious and would pass on him?? Not me :D

Very awesome.

Amazing how even with bright white on most of it's body, it still blends in relatively well.

I've been lucky enough to see a handful of them over the years, including a couple really strange ones right near my house. They had short legs and short lower jaws (or maybe long noses). Really weird looking deer. :shock:

I don't recall ever seeing one while actually hunting though and I definitely don't have any trail cam pictures. So that's awesome!

Had him under my stand at 3:40 in the afternoon on Wednesday. Really cool deer. I can't bring myself to burn a tag on 1.5 yro buck. I saw a full albino doe while woodcock hunting with my uncle and 2 young cousins few years back. It hung out at 25 yards for a while for some reason the dogs didn't clue into it.

Back