• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Post Season Scouting...please help.

g2outdoors

Vendor Rep
Saddle Nation - we need your help for our next Saddle Hunter Podcast.

We're going to try something a little different...Ok, a lot different. As far as I know, it's never been done before in the Podcastiverse.

We have some of the smartest hunters in the world (obviously they're saddle hunters) active on this forum. When Scott and I decided to talk about post season scouting, I figured - why rely on the two of us when there are so many smart dudes in this community?

So here's what we want to do. We want YOU to make the next podcast. Yes, you.
  1. You'll need a way to record your voice: a computer with a microphone (built in or plug-in is fine), or a smart phone with a recording app. This is VERY EASY to do on a desktop computer.
  2. You'll need to answer the questions below CLEARLY and ARTICULATELY. Try not to ramble and try to think of unique things that will stand out.
  3. Separate your answers by reading the exact question below so I know where to cut each file.
  4. You'll need to upload the audio file to the shared Google Drive file below
  5. DO NOT message me or Scott and ask us for advice or help on how to do this. I promise you can learn in 15 minutes on YouTube. Just search what you're trying to figure out. i.e. "how to record your voice on a computer", "how to save an audio file", "how to upload a file to google drive", etc.
  6. Make sure your audio file is clear, audible, and succinct. If it's not, I won't use it. If there's all kinds of noise in the background or weird hums and clicks, I won't use it. This is going to take a HUGE amount of time for me to sift through all the data and if you make it hard on me, I'm just going to delete it.
That's it! Scott and I will listen to all the submissions and make a podcast entirely from all of you. I think we'll all learn a ton from all the different perspectives in this community. I'm pretty excited to hear what you come up with.

Answer these questions in order. Try to keep your COMPLETE audio file under 5-6 minutes. We want to use as many people's thoughts as possible.
  1. What is your name on the forum and where are you hunting (what state/public land/private land/ag/big woods/etc.)?
  2. When do you start your post-season scouting?
  3. What is some gear that you use specifically in the post season? Do you carry a saddle? Tree prep equipment? Anything else pertinent?
  4. What is the MOST IMPORTANT focus on your post-season scouting? Looking for beds? Setting up locations? Finding sign? Shed hunting? etc.
  5. Offer one or two quick tips that helped you be a better post-season scouter.

Upload your audio files here. You'll need a Google Account to access.

Have fun and speak clearly :)

Last edited:
Excellent idea and the last Podcast (both segments) was super! Great information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great content @flinginairos LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Saddle Hunters - Please give us your input! This will help a lot of people!

This is gonna be a great episode. I'm going to cut it at 10 people. The first 10 that get in will be on air.

Great content @flinginairos LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Saddle Hunters - Please give us your input! This will help a lot of people!

This is gonna be a great episode. I'm going to cut it at 10 people. The first 10 that get in will be on air.

I hope you leave my extra tip in there! Hahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back