• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rads and ropeman

lpv77

I've seen mention of climbing with the ropeman. Anyone have a visual?

Ipv77, go down to the post Rappeling rope and go to post #88 for a visual. I use the ropeman for climbing. It can be a little rough on the hand but it works great. Wild country also has a video on YouTube that shows what you're looking for.

Ipv77, go down to the post Rappeling rope and go to post #88 for a visual. I use the ropeman for climbing. It can be a little rough on the hand but it works great. Wild country also has a video on YouTube that shows what you're looking for.

Mike, just read through the thread on Rappelling that you mentioned none of the pictures work(Aggrrrhhhh Photobucket!), it's ok I have a pretty good imagination, but I was wondering if you thought a ropeman could be a replacement for a hand ascender, specifically in a RADS setup, looking to save some cash and weight and it will have more than 1 use which is great. Thoughts? I'm gonna mess around with it a little tomorrow, I got a 9mm sterling HTP so I can't use the ropeman 1 on it and will have to use the 2, which has teeth instead of the ridges that ropeman 1 has.

Mike, just read through the thread on Rappelling that you mentioned none of the pictures work(Aggrrrhhhh Photobucket!), it's ok I have a pretty good imagination, but I was wondering if you thought a ropeman could be a replacement for a hand ascender, specifically in a RADS setup, looking to save some cash and weight and it will have more than 1 use which is great. Thoughts? I'm gonna mess around with it a little tomorrow, I got a 9mm sterling HTP so I can't use the ropeman 1 on it and will have to use the 2, which has teeth instead of the ridges that ropeman 1 has.
Are you going to be using this system for hunting? Make sure you have a primary life support device in place and usr the ropeman as a backup, ropemans are not intended to be used as a primary life support device.

Last edited:
Yeah, I planned to use a Grigri to take in slack and as my primary life support, but I was curious if anyone has tried to use a ropeman as a hand ascender.

Back