• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Randy Newberg Elk calls

Tree-Demon

Recently started watching this guys Randy Newburg on you tube great channel if anyone is interested I would recomend checking it out. After watching some of his elk hunts theres nothing I want more right now then to learn how to speak like the elk. Anyone know what kind of call he uses or anyone put me in the right direction for learning how to use reed style calls? I have tried reed turkey calls with no sucess and having trouble getting the hang of this not sure what im doing wrong.
If you havnt seen this video and are into elk calling check ot out

I paid for a subscription to elk101 last year and the calling instructional videos are awesome. It greatly improved my reed calling. Randy is on the pro staff there, but Corey I believe does the calling video.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Will have to look into the elk101 how long is the subscription good for? And what was the cost? Do you get unlimited access to the content after purchase? I wont be able to wait for a reply haha heading to the site now see what I can find

I had a coupon that was good for I think 40%. Let me look around. It is a year subscription and you have unlimited access for that year.

Another great resource is the elknut forum. Lots and lots of very knowledgeable guys there. And Paul (aka elknut) has his own line of books videos etc if you are interested.

Finally, there is a guy and I'm going to have to look him up, who has a calling method that is very intriguing and backwards to anything these guys talk about. He basically calls to the cows in order to piss the bulls off. There was a great interview podcast I listened to a couple of years ago that describes his approach. Give me some time and I'll find it.

Back