• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

rock climbing harness is in and tha ninja be danglin with a question

noxninja

Can I tye two loops for my climbing belt on either side of my harness with waterknots? That way I don't have to bring a separate belt. Thoughts?

A structurally sound way to do it is to run a full length of webbing around the back at the waist and tie Overhand knots on each end to form loops. You can put rope inside the web before tying to make it easier to clip in.

Then you just secure that onto your harness. I've done a few. On many harnesses there will be a Haul loop on the back you could run through, and maybe a place or two built into the harness. Then I tied mine in place with accessory cord for worst case scenario.

DIY sportsman has a YouTube video about it. He said the rear gear loop need to be rated for load. I would go ahead and add one either way. No way I would wear a rock harness and linesmans belt.

You can also stitch in loops with speedy stitcher. Mine works great. Bummer photobucket became crooks, i had pics in the diy

Back