• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rolling magnus hitch on amsteel

Deerslayer31

Question guys I want to make a adjustable amsteel bridge and was going to use 1/4 amsteel. I was planning on using the Whoopi sling style. Have any of you ever seen this style before I think that this could help with using amsteel seems very easy to make and does not really take any splicing to make except for the end bury. If this is a stupid idea please let me know just figure it’s way more adjustable.

Question guys I want to make a adjustable amsteel bridge and was going to use 1/4 amsteel. I was planning on using the Whoopi sling style. Have any of you ever seen this style before I think that this could help with using amsteel seems very easy to make and does not really take any splicing to make except for the end bury. If this is a stupid idea please let me know just figure it’s way more adjustable.
Did. 2 last night while watching the basketball game. Easy peasy.

G2 had a video on it.

b08b34db7cc477468b4ec16cde1499b8.jpg

Mine are adjustable 20-36 inches and will be used as bridges. To get the 36 inch final length, I started with 7 1/2 feet.

I may not have made the buries as long as is officially recommended, but they feel pretty secure and I'll be testing them at ground level before 20 feet up.

Thanks for posting video I am new and have not figured out how to add videos or pictures

I just fooled around with this a bit. I was hoping the knot might be a useful way to create an amsteel tether but I can't see it being useful. I had to put a lot of pressure on the knot to get it to bind on the amsteel. After putting that much pressure it bound so tight that it is impossible to adjust.

I just fooled around with this a bit. I was hoping the knot might be a useful way to create an amsteel tether but I can't see it being useful. I had to put a lot of pressure on the knot to get it to bind on the amsteel. After putting that much pressure it bound so tight that it is impossible to adjust.
I tried that knot on my 1/4" Amsteel bridge. I spent a couple hours hanging on Friday. It worked fine. I didn't slip when pressure was applied. It wasn't super easy to adjust, but it wasn't too bad.

Back