• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rope suggestion

Jed33

I bought some rope that is 11 mm and 7 mm for use as a tether/prussik and lineman's belt. the rope is very stiff, and heavy, not sure what type it is off hand.

I have been using the tether and prussik that came with my lone wolf and I like the fact that it is light and pliable. Does anyone know what type of rope this is and what is the sizes of each rope used?

Any other rope suggestions for use as a tether and prussik would be much appreciated as well.

Thanks.

Yale Bandit is wonderful for tethers. It holds knots well, is flexible, not heavy for its size, friction knots like Blake's Hitch work great on it, doesn't fray. It has a little 'give' to it which makes it more comfortable to hang from but it doesn't stretch and bounce like dynamic climbing rope.

It's what new tribe uses for their tethers and bridge

Anyone here use PMI EZ-bend 11.mm static rope? I got it and a ropeman 1just before I discovered this site. Is there a lighter or more flexible rope than this?

Anyone here use PMI EZ-bend 11.mm static rope? I got it and a ropeman 1just before I discovered this site. Is there a lighter or more flexible rope than this?
I haven't used it, but I read good things about it on an arborist site.

It doesn't hold knots very well and is extremely stiff rope!

I am new to the Amsteel rope . Can it be used as a tether with a rope man 1? If not, what d

Part of my post didn't come through. What rope do you all recommend to use with a ropeman 1 that would still be light?

I have it and it got all lumpy when doing SRT with a grigri

Thanks for the info., I wound up switching to the Yale Bandit, for the color as much as its rep.

I'm on the fence on SRT, I just got an XOP hand climber and plan to use since I don't have another platform. I already have a belay device that I could use to rappel with(Trango) and was thinking about getting a light line that I could use to self-rescue or rappel with.

I wouldn't need that much, probably 60' but was wondering if I did get an 8mm or 9mm rope do you think I could use it for SRT? Grigri is 8.9mm-11mm, the ascenders I was looking at would work, the ropeman 1 would not, however it's 10-13 the ropeman 2 is 8-12.

Thoughts?

I'm on the fence on SRT, I just got an XOP hand climber and plan to use since I don't have another platform. I already have a belay device that I could use to rappel with(Trango) and was thinking about getting a light line that I could use to self-rescue or rappel with.

I wouldn't need that much, probably 60' but was wondering if I did get an 8mm or 9mm rope do you think I could use it for SRT? Grigri is 8.9mm-11mm, the ascenders I was looking at would work, the ropeman 1 would not, however it's 10-13 the ropeman 2 is 8-12.

Thoughts?
Tons of guys use 9mm for recreational srt climbing, ive used 9mm htp in my grigri2 and it worked flawlessly. ive also used my ropeman 1 on 9mm htp and it held fine, IT IS NOT RATED for anything under 10 so its a use at your own risk thing there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've been doing a lot of rope shopping online and it seems like the only rope universly recommended here is the Yale Bandit, but...I can only get that in 120' sections which is way more than I need. I was hoping to get 50'-60' of static line which I can find on Amazon, just worried that it'll be too stiff, won't hold knots and wear poorly. I really just want an emergency rappel or get out of the tree quickly option with the capability to add SRT later if I can save up some cash. I will probably try some prusik SRT climbing just for fun.

I've been doing a lot of rope shopping online and it seems like the only rope universly recommended here is the Yale Bandit, but...I can only get that in 120' sections which is way more than I need. I was hoping to get 50'-60' of static line which I can find on Amazon, just worried that it'll be too stiff, won't hold knots and wear poorly. I really just want an emergency rappel or get out of the tree quickly option with the capability to add SRT later if I can save up some cash. I will probably try some prusik SRT climbing just for fun.
same here. Id love 30-40 feet of the Bandit. anywhere to buy by the foot?

Back