• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ropeman 1 always on rope or not

sojourner

For those using Ropeman 1, do you always keep it attached to the rope or do you attach to rope only during hunting? I was wondering if keeping it always attached to the rope would cause issues with the internal mechanism that makes it grab OR cause issues with the rope.

I usually keep the metal pull loop attached to a biner, then attach the ropeman, but I'd like to keep the ropeman always on my rope.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the replies. I may just keep them on my ropes for this season, then take them off come Feb. when the season is over.

Same as everyone above. Leaving it on saves time and always lets you know the orientation of the devive is correct. No mess no fuss no time wasted lol

Back