• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ropeman 1 + Carabiner question

Steve

Which caravaners is everyone using with the Rope Man 1

IMG_2711.JPG Round bar carabiners will rattle less than flat ones (like the Petzl William is flat). Once loaded, it doesn't really matter.

I use a small locking flat for my linesmans belt. Large Black diamond on left or the william are easy to grab with gloves on and have enough space to easily double clip large rope in.

The blue one is a Petzl Attaché and is a good balance.

The large ones are big enough to grab with your whole hand

I'm not likeing the stock flat biners that come with the Evo, I'm going to replace with a round biner.

View attachment 2349 Round bar carabiners will rattle less than flat ones (like the Petzl William is flat). Once loaded, it doesn't really matter.

I use a small locking flat for my linesmans belt. Large Black diamond on left or the william are easy to grab with gloves on and have enough space to easily double clip large rope in.

The blue one is a Petzl Attaché and is a good balance.

The large ones are big enough to grab with your whole hand
I use the same setup as the one on the right. Even the same color of Ropeman1.

Just recently got a ropeman to attach the bridge to the tree tether. This is not required but sure does make it nice to adjust wemhen getting settled in. (That one has the orange ropeman1 but same carabiners.

Can someone post a pic of their bridge set up with the ropeman. just trying to see if this is route for me. thanks

'Google' Ropeman 1 treesaddle bridge and you'll see a bunch quicker than waiting for someone to reply.

I'd send you a picture of the one that I just bought, but you'd have to wait for it!

Can someone post a pic of their bridge set up with the ropeman. just trying to see if this is route for me. thanks
Here are some pictures. (No, I am not smiling at you. My wife was picking on me and took a picture. I was smiling at her!)
5d1c422070673712b4b82a979c0fa4f1.jpg
6a74e9173b75c2734ae883d9af8857e3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I forgot to mention, it is a 24" bridge of webbing from end to end. (After knots are tied) I like to tether at about nose height to chin height and then run the ropeman1 right up to the tether loop around the tree. I have found this to be most comfortable and still allow movement around the tree. It also keeps the tether from slipping down the tree when you release it of pressure when standing straight up as the ropeman1 holds the tether tight.

The only reason it isn't a route for every one....You aren't supposed to use it on thinner ropes (though it has been done). 10mm would be a good choice if you don't want 11mm. On a tether, the weight difference is minimal.

Or if you want to rappel down, you have to switch over to a rappel device.

The rope man is a gift from above.,,,highly recommend it on linesman's belt as well.

I think he means a ropeman for adjusting his bridge length guys.

Ask Ernie Power to show you his. He is going to use a petzl ring with a ropeman 1 and rope splices on his bridge rope. Sounds interesting

I have a none adjustable bridge.. 2 feet long

I think he means a ropeman for adjusting his bridge length guys.
I agree with the above statement. That would be a waist of $$$ if used to adjust bridge length. Just build your bridge too long. I started at 36" and worked down. 24" is what I liked best. Then cut the slack. You want to use it a while at each length for a bit. I could not tell right away but after 30 minutes, you know if it is right for you or not.

I agree with the above statement. That would be a waist of $$$ if used to adjust bridge length. Just build your bridge too long. I started at 36" and worked down. 24" is what I liked best. Then cut the slack. You want to use it a while at each length for a bit. I could not tell right away but after 30 minutes, you know if it is right for you or not.

I wanted the ability to easily cinch it down small for rapelling and I liked the ropeman more than knots. Plus by adding the rings, I was able to eliminate the paws

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back