• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

S01E07 - Post Season Scouting

g2outdoors

Vendor Rep
We're doing something never been done before on this episode. The users and members of SaddleHunter.com are creating the content focused on post season scouting. You'll hear tips and tactics from OH, KY, WV, AL, NJ, and more that will help you be a more efficient post season scouter. We're talking Chicken Pox, Pinksquirrel, Topomaps, transition lines, Tennessee Hollers, NuCanoes, and MORE!

This will pay off big time next deer season when you're chasing Mr. Big.

Special thanks goes out to @flinginairos , @GBlevins92, @IkemanTX, @Appalachia, @swampsnyper, @valerio024, @pilgrimhunter, and @ImThere for taking the time to contribute to the podcast.

You can listen to here:
Listen on iPhone
Listen on Android
Listen on Stitcher
Listen on the Web

I enjoyed it. I like the way you guys put it together. I will probably listen to it again. I listen to podcasts at the gym everyday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great podcast!! I really enjoyed the different perspectives on the same topic.

Hey Flingin, come over to Middle Tn and go scouting with me to show me some deer beds. I have the hardest time finding them! I tend to hunt alot of transition areas and feeding locations because of this.

Hey Flingin, come over to Middle Tn and go scouting with me to show me some deer beds. I have the hardest time finding them! I tend to hunt alot of transition areas and feeding locations because of this.

I’ll be there in a few hours! Most times the ones that I find are just inside the transition where they can see the more open areas with the wind/cover at their back. They are usually on a pretty predictable elevation in my area as well. They are very easy to miss though because they are rarely worn to the dirt. Most of my best areas are a concentration of beds in a small 1-2 acre area and my goal is to set up as close as possible to that transition. The area I killed my first buck last year I couldn’t find specific beds because it was too thick. I just did an observation sit and watched them get up and adjusted my tree from that.

I’ll be there in a few hours! Most times the ones that I find are just inside the transition where they can see the more open areas with the wind/cover at their back. They are usually on a pretty predictable elevation in my area as well. They are very easy to miss though because they are rarely worn to the dirt. Most of my best areas are a concentration of beds in a small 1-2 acre area and my goal is to set up as close as possible to that transition. The area I killed my first buck last year I couldn’t find specific beds because it was too thick. I just did an observation sit and watched them get up and adjusted my tree from that.

Don't leave to early I don't get off until 4pm! lol I really think most places I hunt deer don't bed on, I think they bed on neighboring property's

Don't leave to early I don't get off until 4pm! lol I really think most places I hunt deer don't bed on, I think they bed on neighboring property's

That very well could be the issue. I often forget that I’m pretty dang lucky to have a good sized area to hunt that has several bedding areas. Some smaller spots all you can do is the hunt the edges or feeding areas and hope for the best.

That was the first S/H podcast that I’ve listened to. Very well done! Great to hear good ideas from all different areas of the country

Another great podcast, thanks guys for the information. I definitely will be practicing some of this in the next few weeks.

Good job to all the contributors. The one take away everyone should have is that there are different strokes for different folks - and confidence in what YOU do is congruent to success. If I tried to apply what I do in S Texas up in Ohio I would probably eat a lot of tag soup - an vice versa. Fling - hilarious last tip :)

Good job to all the contributors. The one take away everyone should have is that there are different strokes for different folks - and confidence in what YOU do is congruent to success. If I tried to apply what I do in S Texas up in Ohio I would probably eat a lot of tag soup - an vice versa. Fling - hilarious last tip :)

:D

Tip or Truth? Lol

Back