• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle holsters

red2delta

I like to carry a pistol while bowhunting and I am trying to find a way to fashion a holster to my Aero hunter Evo.
Anyone does this before?

I had a nylon chest holster this year that once I got settled in, I strapped it to the tree.
79bda1d651e9f281dbb2c35f46c02829.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sounds like a chest holster is the way to go .....
I was mostly trying to attach an Outside the Waistband holster to my evo.

My first attempt was to us e a blackhawk serpa and it worked, but if i jumped it would flop all over the place. No bueno.

I will look into the chest rigs, I am just not used to that style of carrying, but could be something new. Thanks guys
If anyone else has tried to attach a holster to the evo let me know what you found.

Instead of a backpack I carry my hunting gear in a Tactical Tat'r 2 turkey vest. The seat comes off easily for deer hunting. The vest provides separate pockets for all of the essentials (binocs, camera, range finder, etc). Also the large right hand front pocket works well for carrying my pistol. The game vest on the back works for rope and/or extra layers of clothes.

I typically treat it like a pack and take it off before climbing and then once I’m settled in I pull it up and hang it from a hook in the tree. The nice thing is it hangs around the tree trunk and doesn’t create a large profile in the tree like a pack.

Instead of a backpack I carry my hunting gear in a Tactical Tat'r 2 turkey vest. The seat comes off easily for deer hunting. The vest provides separate pockets for all of the essentials (binocs, camera, range finder, etc). Also the large right hand front pocket works well for carrying my pistol. The game vest on the back works for rope and/or extra layers of clothes.
I typically treat it like a pack and take it off before climbing and then once I’m settled in I pull it up and hang it from a hook in the tree. The nice thing is it hangs around the tree trunk and doesn’t create a large profile in the tree like a pack.

That's clever. For now I have a pretty slick backpack setup I use. It's an ALPS Pursuit that carries my bow and has a fold down pocket that acts liek a small table. It is fairly small too. I have one of those vests tho and that may be a great idea for hunts where i dont want to carry a bunch of stuff. I will keep that in mind, thanks

get you one of them little 22 mag revolvers. put it in your pocket.

Back