• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Samson 'Predator' 7/16" (11mm) climbing rope

d_rek

Aerohunter posted this on facebook. Only available via Wesspur.com: http://www.wesspur.com/items/pr15.html

rop1prb-2-500.gif

If you navigate back to the 'samson' page you can buy it by the foot (0.95/ft.)
I know I'll end up using it for other stuff as well as my last rope I cut to 65' for climbing then used what was left for positioning lanyard, flippline, what ever else might strike my fancy.

I saw this stuff when I was looking for ultratech. It looks good.

Ya, I wish they made it in 9mm. Sweet looking rope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought 36' from Wesspur. Also bought three auto-locking carabiners for a set up to see if I like them.

Report back!
I Was tempted but I got Yale Bandit instead as I knew what it was and it was cheaper.
"Predator" is darker huh?

I screwed up on my last length of yale bandit. I cut my last tether part too long and that left my bridge part too short. So I needed to make one more bridge anyway. I figured I might as well get enough to tie up set ups for two saddles and I wanted to play around with Tri-locks so I bought the 'biners. I guess I need to build another saddle so I can put all of it to use...

I screwed up on my last length of yale bandit. I cut my last tether part too long and that left my bridge part too short. So I needed to make one more bridge anyway. I figured I might as well get enough to tie up set ups for two saddles and I wanted to play around with Tri-locks so I bought the 'biners. I guess I need to build another saddle so I can put all of it to use...

Did you happen to get the Predator rope ? If so, how do you like it as compared to other brands..?

Did you happen to get the Predator rope ? If so, how do you like it as compared to other brands..?

I did. Honestly, the specs tell the tale to me. I can't tell one rope being better from another, other than they tell me it is stronger and when I hold it, it is lighter. I'm sure some climbers may have better perspective. Sorry, I can't help more. Seems like nice rope tho

I bought some of this on Wesspur in the "Clearance Rope" section. Got a little over 100' for a slightly over $60 so its worth checking the clearance section from time to time.

Personally I like the 7/16" diameter rope for SRT. I have only used this and the New England Saluting Branches (Tachyon) that used to be available on Tree Stuff. The Predator is a little more supple, knots better and functions well but, truth be told I like the Tachyon a little better for rappelling. Its a little stiffer and seems to hold its diameter better in the Grigri during rappel making the decent a little smoother. I guess it all depends on what you're using it for.

Back