• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Scent Loc Suit

PJC

For Scent Loc users, what do you like to do for full Scent Loc coverage. Does anyone use a coverall?
Perhaps this topic has been covered a lot already, I don't know. If so, point me in the right direction, please.

I have the savannah coveralls I wear for most of the season, when it gets colder I layer over them, when it gets real cold I have the legacy fleece suit I wear and then layer over it. I like the simplicity of the coveralls, in the early season I just wear shorts and t-shirt to my hunting site then slip the coveralls on and walk in.

I use light early season layers all season. They are cheaper and I pick them up on sale. The coveralls were too hot for me. When I start layering I just make sure I am always using clean scent free clothes overtop of my scentlok. Sometimes I can go a few sits between washing the outer layers, but if I think they were contaminated I'll wash them after a sit.

Reactions: PJC
I use light early season layers all season. They are cheaper and I pick them up on sale. The coveralls were too hot for me. When I start layering I just make sure I am always using clean scent free clothes overtop of my scentlok. Sometimes I can go a few sits between washing the outer layers, but if I think they were contaminated I'll wash them after a sit.

I've got to talk my wife into using unscented detergent and dryer sheets so I can wash my clothes without getting the perfumey scent on them. Some guys run an empty cycle before washing their hunting clothes but I don't think an empty cycle would be near enough to get that scent out of the laundry machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I talked mine into using all the scent free detergents. I got to the point where the regular stuff really bothered my nose so that helped my cause.

Reactions: PJC
Also, i bought a portable closet with shelves on ebay and I keep all my non scent lok clothes, ropes, saddle, steps, accessories (anything not rubber) in the closet with a small ozone generator. That way I don't' have to wash my layers I put over the scent lok quite as often.

I talked mine into using all the scent free detergents. I got to the point where the regular stuff really bothered my nose so that helped my cause.

My youngest is a red head with really sensitive skin so we couldn't use anything scented for the first 8 years of his life, but I just realized my wife has slowly started using scented detergent again. I just need to get my son to start complaining about itchy skin again :)

My youngest is a red head with really sensitive skin so we couldn't use anything scented for the first 8 years of his life, but I just realized my wife has slowly started using scented detergent again. I just need to get my son to start complaining about itchy skin again :)

Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I'm talking about. Use her offspring against her. The art of war!

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Been looking to buy the coveralls as well, just waiting to find em on sale.

Back