• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

ScentLok Base Layers

g2outdoors

Vendor Rep
I'm in the market for some ScentLok base layers.

For most of my season, I use the Savannah Coveralls. I like the coveralls because it's a total containment system. If I need to layer a light jacket over the top I can. However on the few days that it does get cold, I don't like to wear the coveralls in conjunction with my other cold weather stuff.

Are the base layers enough by themselves? Can I wear them with other cold weather gear (assuming they're properly cared for and stored scent free) and get enough scent adsorbtion?

Thanks.

I can't help you on the baselayers, but I can tell you what I do. I wear the lightest version of their stuff through the entire season. In the early season, that is all I wear, and then I'll add a couple clean layers like a fleece vest over top if needed. Late season I wear a merino wool base layer underneath them and walk to the tree in that. Then I put whatever clean outer layers I'm wearing on top. I feel this allows me to make the most use of my scentlok. I feel like specific baselayers and heavy outer layers don't have as much flexibility as my system.

I should have added that I moved away from scentlok coveralls and I use the lightweight pants and shirt, along with gloves, hat and headcover.

Ok - that is what I did this year. I wore the Coveralls all year long. I guess it will work this way. If it ain't broke...

I felt like the coveralls were a wasted layer under my cold weather gear. They just added bulk. But at the end of the day, it's not that big of a deal.

I felt like the coveralls were a wasted layer under my cold weather gear. They just added bulk. But at the end of the day, it's not that big of a deal.
I haven't used the coveralls in a long time. Probably because of what you just said, they are very bulky for what they are. A pair of the pants and a lightweight long sleeve shirt are much less bulky. I pick them up this time of year when they go on sale.

FYI...

scentlok has their nexus baselayers out now. The ACTIVE WEIGHT PANTS AND SHIRT DOES NOT CONTAIN FULL ACTIVATED CARBON THROUGHOUT THE GARMENTS. I had to email scentlok to find this out. The rest of the line - arctic and summit weight - do contain full activated carbon throughout.

The legacy/classic baselayers are being discontinued, so expect to have difficulty finding the older stuff in a variety of sizes.

Last edited:
FYI...

scentlok has their nexus baselayers out now. The ACTIVE WEIGHT PANTS AND SHIRT DOES NOT CONTAIN FULL ACTIVATED CARBON THROUGHOUT THE GARMENTS. I had to email scentlok to find this out. The rest of the line - arctic and summit weight - do contain full activated carbon throughout.

The legacy/classic baselayers are being discontinued, so expect to have difficulty the older stuff in a variety of sizes.

Good to know, I was going to ask the same question.

And since this is a scentlok thread, I'll mention that I used the activated charcoal powder to rejuvenate my scentlok clothes, too!....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back