• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Scentlok Savannah Questions

ADKMtnTrapper

I would love to have a full outfit of scentlok and a very limited budget. I have looked at some of the full season sets and i cant justify dropping upwards of 400 bucks for camo at this point.

So i was looking at the Savannah set it seems that i can get it for between 100 - 200 depending on the sales. My only concern is being from up north it can get quite cold. My though was just layering up underneath it and using it all season but i was hoping to get opinions and experiences from you guys first.

Keep in mind i rarely sit for more then 4 hours so i dont need to bundle up for an 8 hr sit like some do.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Your best bet is to buy the stuff at the end of the season and in the offseason, that is what I do. You can save a huge amount of money. All of my stuff is the light early season layers. In late season I wear this over my baselayers and then layer on top of it. My layers that go over the top are always kept extremely clean and washed in scent free detergent. I've been doing this for at least 5 years now and it works for me.

Search archery talk, rockslide and a few other forums. I just bought a whole suit from top to bottom for $80. Can't go wrong even if your one of those "I just play the wind for free guys" they make a high quality clothing line. That works for scent reduction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What size do you where? I have a savannah in breakup I think. It's in great shape. Also a fleece top and bottom in vertigo that I wore once. Think they all large. Face mask too. Been kept in air tight container and limited washes. Put on at the woods for walk to stand and back to truck only. I can make you a deal if I got your size.

What size do you where? I have a savannah in breakup I think. It's in great shape. Also a fleece top and bottom in vertigo that I wore once. Think they all large. Face mask too. Been kept in air tight container and limited washes. Put on at the woods for walk to stand and back to truck only. I can make you a deal if I got your size.

If the OP isn't interested

I may be

let me know

Red, thats what i was thinking. Its good to hear you are using the same method im thinking of with success.

ricky, I play the wind as best i can but where i hunt its rare that i get a steady wind direction. So i think spending a little extra on scent reduction would help in those moments.

Im there, thanks for tip!

Swamp, Ill pm you

I would love to have a full outfit of scentlok and a very limited budget. I have looked at some of the full season sets and i cant justify dropping upwards of 400 bucks for camo at this point.

So i was looking at the Savannah set it seems that i can get it for between 100 - 200 depending on the sales. My only concern is being from up north it can get quite cold. My though was just layering up underneath it and using it all season but i was hoping to get opinions and experiences from you guys first.

Keep in mind i rarely sit for more then 4 hours so i dont need to bundle up for an 8 hr sit like some do.

That is exactly what I did for 2 seasons at Fort Drum, NY. I wore the Savannah only through the early season. When it cooled off, I added a good base layer underneath and a light jacket on top if necessary. When it got cold, I layered heavy non-Scentlok layers on top. Worked like a charm. It's a really smart way to maximize your ScentLok.

That is exactly what I did for 2 seasons at Fort Drum, NY. I wore the Savannah only through the early season. When it cooled off, I added a good base layer underneath and a light jacket on top if necessary. When it got cold, I layered heavy non-Scentlok layers on top. Worked like a charm. It's a really smart way to maximize your ScentLok.
Awesome, thats what i was hoping to hear!

Swamp, Ill pm you

Coveralls, jacket and pants are all sized Medium
There are some hitch hikers or what ever y'all call them stuck on the jacket and pants, maybe some on the coveralls. I'll try to scrape what I can off. Can't ever get rid of all of them. All garments have been stored in water proof roll top gear bags with a scent lok carbon sheet in each bag then the bag stored in the air tight boxes. I would carry the bag on my atv and get dressed before I walked to stand and take off at atv and store in bag for the ride back. It was easier than hauling the tote like I do with the truck.
Shipping is to be determined. I really don't know what it will cost me. Maybe some of the guys here can help with a fair estimate on that.

Vortex Jacket $40

7e2b637e0e5e28baaffd179ea0eb8546.jpg

Vortex pants $35

187b09d45a010a3f4f5d2343fd657f26.jpg

8215c32befad1c9fe079e4e3b8174184.jpg

Savannah Deluxe coveralls $70

86544be724a17d2a20d1d7ca3e323dee.jpg

Full season neck gaitor $10

24a08e0efce3a4aef8f5c13c6748fc75.jpg

Full season skull cap $10

c219e7e6b6a53a8895fc8fcd3f0aa3c1.jpg

(I think savannah) head cover mask $15

47c3c09eab2cb146304b4dc212af139f.jpg

Last edited:
Im going to have to pass, id have the fleece full of burdocks and pitch forks in no time! Lol. Thank you for the offer tho.

I would buy the mask from you if you would sell just the head cover mask. Lmk

Coveralls, jacket and pants are all sized Medium
There are some hitch hikers or what ever y'all call them stuck on the jacket and pants, maybe some on the coveralls. I'll try to scrape what I can off. Can't ever get rid of all of them. All garments have been stored in water proof roll top gear bags with a scent lok carbon sheet in each bag then the bag stored in the air tight boxes. I would carry the bag on my atv and get dressed before I walked to stand and take off at atv and store in bag for the ride back. It was easier than hauling the tote like I do with the truck.
Shipping is to be determined. I really don't know what it will cost me. Maybe some of the guys here can help with a fair estimate on that.

Vortex Jacket $40

7e2b637e0e5e28baaffd179ea0eb8546.jpg

Vortex pants $35

187b09d45a010a3f4f5d2343fd657f26.jpg

8215c32befad1c9fe079e4e3b8174184.jpg

Savannah Deluxe coveralls $70

86544be724a17d2a20d1d7ca3e323dee.jpg

Full season neck gaitor $10

24a08e0efce3a4aef8f5c13c6748fc75.jpg

Full season skull cap $10

c219e7e6b6a53a8895fc8fcd3f0aa3c1.jpg

(I think savannah) head cover mask $15