• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

scouting video

This sent to me from a hunting beast member Klemz. Really cool tutorial on what to look for when locating buck beds in homogeneous terrain.
He did a really nice job.

Why wont it open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll see if I can dig it up but if you have any questions on the subject I can try and help you out. I do all my hunting and scouting in flat terrain.

I looked up the video and it was in fact taken down by the publisher. So sorry no dice. Not sure what type of cover your looking at scouting but if its flat you have to focus most of your time on transition lines regardless if it is marsh, thickets, pine plantations whatever. Also points or depressions along the those breaks in cover. but openings are a big thing I focus on within a given solid cover type. But be fore warned if your looking at clear cuts which I hunt around and in often. Not all are created equal. I could write a book for my area about the subtleties. It so flat where I live that a one to five foot elevation change makes all the difference in the world when it comes to buck bedding. I made this video last spring with a little insight to picking apart pine stands. I shot it on my GPS so I don't want comments on how bad the footage sucks I'm well aware but you should find the info helpful if it pertains to what you are hunting.

I’ll see if I can dig it up but if you have any questions on the subject I can try and help you out. I do all my hunting and scouting in flat terrain.

Me too east coast is as flat as it gets

Me too east coast is as flat as it gets

You haven’t been to north jersey lol. I grew up in central hunting the pines and it was a culture shock when I moved up here!

Hills up there hunt the wind tunnel bro. Use to hunt sunrise mountain years back Yea pine barrens are pretty vast. North jersey is beautiful loved hunting up there

Hills up there hunt the wind tunnel bro. Use to hunt sunrise mountain years back Yea pine barrens are pretty vast. North jersey is beautiful loved hunting up there

Yea it sure is different and beautiful. I have really been enjoying the challenge of learning new terrain. It has made me a better overall hunter.

Any advice for hunting primarily creek bottoms near grain fields? Living in Kansas most of the private land I hunt is farmed right up to the wood line at creek edges. Seen really nice bucks during the rut but can't seem to pattern them. Bedding areas vary from day to day in these creek bottoms.

Back