• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Self film

Dressedtokill

Was wounded everyone’s thoughts on self filming from a saddle? I haven’t hunted in a saddle yet but ordered one last week. Love to film my hunts from a tree stand with my fourth arrow and cannon camera will a set up like this work? How do you go compare self filming from a saddle to a tree stand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’ll be just fine. Many of us film from the saddle and I use pretty much the same setup as you. I put the cam base on the right side of the tree (right handed) about waste height. I can go around the tree and film or go between myself and the tree to film to the left. I find it easier than a treestand because you are much tighter to the tree. In a stand you normally have the arm full extended to get far enough out. Not an issue in a saddle!

You’ll be just fine. Many of us film from the saddle and I use pretty much the same setup as you. I put the cam base on the right side of the tree (right handed) about waste height. I can go around the tree and film or go between myself and the tree to film to the left. I find it easier than a treestand because you are much tighter to the tree. In a stand you normally have the arm full extended to get far enough out. Not an issue in a saddle!

What style platform do you use or seems to work best with self filming

Back