• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Self filmers - what's your camera arm location?

putt4doe

Vendor Rep
Hi guys - curious as to where you put your camera arm on the tree when you're hunting.

I've always put it to the right of my bridge, but I'm thinking its better suited on the left (if you're looking at the tree) to allow easier coverage of the intended shooting area.

Looking forward to your responses!

To my right about waist high
34d0ced77f0e3329564cc94f13227994.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. That's where I've been putting mine, but I think it'll be better over to the left, towards my bow. Getting the bow off the hook might be slightly more complicated, but I tend to work clockwise when I'm sliding into my shooting area, and it's hard to angle the camera on the right side, then move. I think having the camera to the left will be better and if needed, I can get it back on the right.

Thanks for the reply. That's where I've been putting mine, but I think it'll be better over to the left, towards my bow. Getting the bow off the hook might be slightly more complicated, but I tend to work clockwise when I'm sliding into my shooting area, and it's hard to angle the camera on the right side, then move. I think having the camera to the left will be better and if needed, I can get it back on the right.

Just completely depends on how you want it. I like it on my right so Its in easy reach of my right hand. If I need to film to the left side of me I go between the tree and myself, under my bridge, to film. I can also swing the camera counter-clockwise around the tree to film to the left if I need. I think having the arm base sticking out from the tree on my dominant shooting side would get in my way.

Ill second that on the right side about knee to waist height depending on my set up that day.

I don't take camera arms anymore since I got a headcam. Way too much weight for me.

I don't take camera arms anymore since I got a headcam. Way too much weight for me.

I know what you mean! Part of what I like so much about the saddle is the ability to be super mobile. At some point, I kinda get tired of taking everything with me up the tree and just want to take some GoPros and not worry about it!!

I know what you mean! Part of what I like so much about the saddle is the ability to be super mobile. At some point, I kinda get tired of taking everything with me up the tree and just want to take some GoPros and not worry about it!!

I carry a good bit of camera gear with me and it does get old toward the end of the season lol. That said, I always take it. Always afraid I'm gonna miss something!

I carry a good bit of camera gear with me and it does get old toward the end of the season lol. That said, I always take it. Always afraid I'm gonna miss something!

X2!!

Especially when its 10degrees out with -25 wind chills. But i don't want to miss anything either.

Mine goes on my right about thigh high when standing straight up. When I'm sitting, that puts the camera right around waist level which seems to be perfect for me.

Mine goes on my right about thigh high when standing straight up. When I'm sitting, that puts the camera right around waist level which seems to be perfect for me.
Close to the same here

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back