• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Shaking my head

swampsnyper

When you walking through the woods of your lease thinking maybe your dog will come across a shed while you work but finds this...

5226e3031e38640958b9d5184e28aee5.jpg

It looks like someone had several deer girth hitched to a tree.

Just a thought: Someone May have taken legal deer and girth hitched the skull and antlers to let Mother Nature do its thing cleaning the skull.

Last edited:
It looks like some had several deer girth hitched to a tree.

Just a thought: Someone May have taken legal deer and girth hitched the skull and antlers to let Mother Nature do its thing cleaning the skull.
This was my 1st thought as well

It looks like some had several deer girth hitched to a tree.

Since I don't see any other bones in the picture, I assume that's what is going on.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

When you walking through the woods of your lease thinking maybe your dog will come across a shed while you work but finds this...

5226e3031e38640958b9d5184e28aee5.jpg

I assume you are the only leasingthe property?

If so and not the land owner’s I would assume someone else is on your lease.

It looks like someone had several deer girth hitched to a tree.

Never even crossed my mind. I'm so used to poachers and the like around TN i always assume the worst heck here that would be the deer they tranquilized over bait and tied to the tree to claim opening morning

Never even crossed my mind. I'm so used to poachers and the like around TN i always assume the worst heck here that would be the deer they tranquilized over bait and tied to the tree to claim opening morning

Guys actually do that I assume? Darn shame.

I’m the only one that leases the land from timber company. No one else should be there. It’s road hunters.

Let me back up. I got 2 gated entries on my lease. One goes to my camp. Never had any sign of trespassers since I got it 4-5 years ago. So I’m headed to the camp gate and they got 2 kids standing on the hwy by my camp gate. So I pass it up and went down the road a ways to see what they were gonna do. I turn around and come back and they are sitting on the neighbors gate across the street. So I pull in to open my gate and a car stops and picks them up. Guess they were waiting for a ride. Nearest house is a mile away, so I don’t know what’s up.
So I do some chore around camp and it gets dark, then head to bed. Next morning I take my 4 wheeler to the other gate to go do some work, trimming, road clearing etc. I turn off the road to my gate and there is a truck parked there. Windows tinted so I can’t see anyone. When I get on side the driver door it opens. Dude got a pillow and blanket. I asked what he was doing. Said he was too tire to keep diving so pulled over to take a nap. Then he said I’ll get out of here and took off. I’m looking around and see the ruts are worn fresh and there are a few of them. This dude been living there for a week I’d bet. Get to the gate and I see like 5-6 piles of toilet paper where he been going everyday. Unbelievable......
My neighbor to the lease is a state trooper so I tell him about it and describe the vehicle the best I could. Wish I could have got his plates but he caught me by surprise when I made the turn. Then took off. Told him to keep an eye on my lease for me. I live 3 hrs away.
Anyway, I spend all day with the exception of lunch back at camp, swinging a machete and was just slap wore out. Kept pushing myself a little further and was all the way to the back of my lease. It was fixing to get dark and I just couldn’t go any more. Was ready to head in. Get on 4 wheeler and it sputters and kills. Gas is a little low and I’m on a hill so I put it to reserve and it cranks up. Go about 50 yards and kills. Couldn’t get it to go after that. So me and Rip walk all the way around and back to camp. Call my neighbor and friend, again and tell him I need a tow. He planned to meet me in the morning at 8. (Best thing I ever did was meet this guy. He has saved me many times out there by myself, not knowing a sole around. )
I wake up at sunrise and decide to bring a gallon of gas to try, hoping to save my buddy a trip. Rip and I walk all the way back there and try the added gas. Still no luck. I think it got trash in the carburetor. So we walk back toward camp and when we get close to the gate I see Rip acting funny. I go investigate and walk up on those 2 buck heads. The road hunters are bad in that area. No carcass around. Im guessing he cleaned it right off the road in the woods a bit and drug the heads back a bit further and tied them off so the coyotes don’t take off with them. I thought about calling the wardens but I didn’t have time with my bike situation. I may set a camera to catch them when they come back for them, then get the wardens involved if I get pics of them. Then I have to deal with retaliation. They are quick to burn a camp down in that area if they don’t like you. They will let you rebuild and burn that one too until you give up and leave.

Anyway, Good news is I got a target buck for next year if he stays away from the hwy.

013ab2fea2e31e16190f89dbb64dfe4f.jpg

5991b93b6ee682a1d80f731ede47b545.jpg

450d432b1c0d6813346e92170ed91f0e.jpg

Last edited:
@swampsnyper sorry your having to go through this. Unfortunately there is a lack of respect. The club I belong too goes through similar problems. However it is Club that has been around for a long time along side other clubs. It is common to have gates missing, trash thrown on the property etc. Fortunately the club has a great reputation and has been a good neighbor to fellow hunt clubs and other property owners. So everyone watches out for each other’s property and leases

Last edited:
@swampsnyper sorry your having yo go through this. Unfortunately there is a lack of respect. The club I belong too goes through similar problems. However it is Club that has been around for a long time along side other clubs. It is common to have gates missing, trash thrown on the property etc. Fortunately the club has a great reputation and has been a good neighbor to fellow hunt clubs and other property owners. So everyone watches out for each other’s property and leases

I’ve been lucky. Never had sign of anyone within my lease, just along the road. It’s just expected down here that you will have poaching, trespassing, theft etc on private property. Everyone has a story. You think your cameras are safe on private ground, think again. I owned a few acres in Louisiana that had a power line run across the back. I was planning to build a home there back then. I had a box stand stolen off the power line. That’s some serious thieves to steal a whole box stand. I had made it out of 1inch square tubing where it can be broke down easy and only had burlap siding. But still.... it wasn’t accessible by truck.

Definitely these are not hunters!! A real hunter respects other hunters and the land. One thing that boggles my mind is why leave the heads out there. The bugs and animals will clean a skull but will also damage it. I would have just skinned it and boiled it in my turkey fryer with no damage to the skull. I hope your troubles end soon.

Definitely these are not hunters!! A real hunter respects other hunters and the land. One thing that boggles my mind is why leave the heads out there. The bugs and animals will clean a skull but will also damage it. I would have just skinned it and boiled it in my turkey fryer with no damage to the skull. I hope your troubles end soon.

They are not worried about the looks. Just kill as many as they can and nail on the barn wall. Probably already had there limit at home, so they just hide the extras in the woods and pick up the heads latter in the year.

Back