• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Shannons Bug Tamer

deleted_user01

I tried out the bug tamer plus suit today checking my preset trees and doing last minute maintenance trims since first set up of them. We've had alot of rain and mosquitos are in full on attack mode.
Temp was around 80 degrees, and humidity up. Suit with pants and coat is mesh and well ventilated but still very warm. Not much can be done about that. I'm happy with it as it held up well to the brush and stickers, didn't collect much for stickies. They were really humming around me but no bites.all in all, I would recommend it . I wanted to try something different than my thermocell and bug spray and think this will work well for me.
Only complaint is the camo pattern (mossy oak breakup) a little dark for my liking , but with heavy cover in the early season up in the canopy maybe darker will be better. To be continued after hunting from a stationary position.

Good work mister!!!! I never cared for mossy oak.

I tried out the bug tamer plus suit today checking my preset trees and doing last minute maintenance trims since first set up of them. We've had alot of rain and mosquitos are in full on attack mode.
Temp was around 80 degrees, and humidity up. Suit with pants and coat is mesh and well ventilated but still very warm. Not much can be done about that. I'm happy with it as it held up well to the brush and stickers, didn't collect much for stickies. They were really humming around me but no bites.all in all, I would recommend it . I wanted to try something different than my thermocell and bug spray and think this will work well for me.
Only complaint is the camo pattern (mossy oak breakup) a little dark for my liking , but with heavy cover in the early season up in the canopy maybe darker will be better. To be continued after hunting from a stationary position.

I purchased the Shannon bug tamer suit the first year they came out with it from cabelas , I still have it and use it for fishing as well as hunting when needed. It works great and has held up better than a lot of clothing I have purchased over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one also and very highly recommend it. It's an absolute must for me when I'm doing summer scouting. You'll still get a little warm wearing it but it's as cool as it can be for providing the level of protection it does. It's cooler than a long sleeve shirt. And I'm completely amazed that I haven't torn it or got stickies all through it. I don't have the bottoms, I always wear long pants for tick protection anyway. So I just use the top and sometimes the gloves when the bugs are real bad. Can't say enough good about it. Haven't used it hunting so the camo doesn't really bother me. If I had to use it in September I think the camo would be fine, but I'm not real picky when it comes to camo patterns.

I bought the jacket years ago and it is good as new. I use it multiple times every season - it was the ONLY way to hunt the swamps of SC and NC when I was stationed there. Sort of weird to see dozens (hundreds?) of mosquitos crawling on you but none of them biting. Worth its weight in gold in my eyes.

I've hunted in it in very hot early season weather by soaking it in water then wearing it with either no shirt, or in a thin cotton t-shirt. The evaporating water and any breeze blowing will keep you cool in your stand.

I own two. One for scouting, one for hunting. I rarely use the bottoms up they aren't bad with shorts underneath. Again, worth every penny. Mine aren't too overly dark. The second one I got from a guy that got fat...it wasn't ever used and it has the little 3D leaves on it.....looks better IMO.

Back