• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sika in MD

suicyderider

Am I fortunate enough to have any contacts in here? Planning on coming down for a week in November for archery hunt. Anyone else in that area? Trying to get a permit for Blackwater NWR.

I have been on the VA side on chincoteague island NWR. I don't have any connections to the MD side though.

Thanks,
Boswell

I've hunted Taylor's island once late muzzleloader season...might be hunting with whistling creek outfitters in January for a 3 day bowhunt

Extremely addictive to hunt. I love the marsh anyway so it goes hand and hand. I've been a couple times with a friend that has property.....gated too. Problem is I haven't been in two years. Young families make it hard to get away. I'm missing an elk trip this year with the same guys.

The sika rut or roar as it is referred to happens in October. I've only hunted them in the early season. You'll need full bug protection and at least one Thermacell in order to maintain sanity. There is nothing like hearing a bugle across the marsh.

Back