• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Single Rod Platform

Cameron

I thought G2 May have talked about it in one of his posts but I’m probably wrong. Has anyone looked at a simple platform that is just one “stick” or rod that is strapped to the tree? A couple could be put around a tree, but a single rod would be good enough for me. I was using rope stirrups the couple times I tried last year and it worked well, but just thinking about a rigid option.

Thanks

I thought G2 May have talked about it in one of his posts but I’m probably wrong. Has anyone looked at a simple platform that is just one “stick” or rod that is strapped to the tree? A couple could be put around a tree, but a single rod would be good enough for me. I was using rope stirrups the couple times I tried last year and it worked well, but just thinking about a rigid option.

Thanks
This is something I'm interested in trying.

Not sure how well it'd handle side pressure... Look how easily he undoes the lower stick. Maybe two at 90 degrees from each other would work and get maneuverability around half the tree.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That was what got me thinking. If it was a piece of pipe with one standoff from the tree and an OCB strap, it may handle side loading better.

Thanks
I tried it for climbing. Didn’t think of using it for a platform. Guess it would work but I think there’s are better options. The stick tilts from side to side some as you change your weight. The rope comes off easily the way they do it in the video. That would bad.

Back