• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Skinny Rope Ropeman?

justsomedude

I just tried some fairly stiff 9mm Bluewater (like a small version of assault line) black rope for just a bit with a ropeman 1. I know the ropeman spec says 10mm+

There were no signs of slipping or that the rope was getting crushed.
I still find fatter rope easier to deal with....but what thinner ropes are you guys using?

I use the 9mm samson ultra tech. But i'm using a kong duck for my tether, rated to 8mm.

And btw this ultra tech is pretty awesome stuff.

No doubt on the UltraTech. I ordered from 2 different companies to try to get my hands on some and I'm still waiting. Going on 3 weeks now. UGH!

I have been using the ropeman 1 on the larger ultratek despite it not being rated. So far no worries.

G@ - I think I should also get a cut from helium sticks :)

Red habe you ever tried the duck on the smaller sized ultratek? I'm thinking about using it for a lineman belt/tether

Red habe you ever tried the duck on the smaller sized ultratek? I'm thinking about using it for a lineman belt/tether
I have only used the duck on the 9mm ultratech. It works great though, that is my tether set up. I only use the duck for my linemans when I need to use my tether as a second lineman's because the carabiner does dangle in that hole so you need to be careful to be quiet. That is not an issue when I use it as a tether.

I am adding a prussic cord loop to all my ducks to address noise. My carbineer will be tied into that

I use a ropeman 1 on 9 mm ultratech but I back it up with a sterling hollow block so I am not too worried about using it off spec.

I tried a ropeman 1 on the smaller ultratek for a lineman belt and it never slipped. I know it is not rated but I've never had it slip.

Back