• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Smoked deer sausage

swampsnyper

Made some jalapeño and cheese deer sausage last night. Let it sit in the fridge over night and into the smoke house this morning.
This time I use the high temp cheese and put a sample link in the oven last night. Way too cheesy. Before I used the same amount of regular cheddar cheese and it was pretty good but most of the cheese melted out. Guess I should have compensated for that being that all this cheese stays in.

c9ecd057fb0e2ccf30648d96d3669c0c.jpg

And while I'm smoking, the kids and dog are playing. Typical Feburary southern weather.

a27f2b3fd540c87beb9f260a284377e1.jpg

Freaking awesome. If I ever have to move, I want it to be somewhere more swampy. There's a pretty good swamp about a quarter mile from my house that's bound to have better hunting, but it's not part of the land I have permission to hunt. Maybe I'll eventually get permission on that side. But people here are suspicious of new comers and I've only lived here thirteen Or fourteen years. So I'm new. Or maybe I'd just move to the place where I'm least likely to see another human for a while

The sausage? Sounds terrible.I hate to think of you having to suffer through eating any of that. I'll take it. Just drive it up to SC when it's done and I'll be glad to help you dispose of it

Shaun

Re: RE: Re: Smoked deer sausage

swampsnyper said:
Plenty of swampy public land.
Yeah. Here too. Matter of fact, this year will be the first time in years for me to hunt public land. The first time with a bow. I've scouted it out some and will be doing it again within a month or so, but honestly I doubt I'm gonna have much trouble finding a few good spots. I was within sight of parking and saw several deer. I spent maybe two hours checking a few things out and was mostly satisfied. I don't think our public land gets hit too hard until gun season. I'll be out of there by then. So I'll have a month or so on public land, then saddlepalooza then my property. Depending on what I tags I draw in Arizona I gotta get a week or two in out there, but my buddy is having second thoughts due to his job so we'll have to see about that one.

Shaun

Mine is mobile. Take it anywhere anytime

Attachments

• 6BCE26DF-3DD3-46E0-9083-D904B7B6C52A.jpeg
    6BCE26DF-3DD3-46E0-9083-D904B7B6C52A.jpeg
    339.7 KB · Views: 15
Back