• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Spikes to platform

CharlieRayT

Using climbing spikes how is the easiest way to transition onto your XOP platform?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I set the platform then climb up beside it or even the back side until I can basically step down into the platform.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I set the platform then climb up beside it or even the back side until I can basically step down into the platform.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's what I thought that you would have to set it off to the side and climb on up past it.

Yep. Set the platform and climb up past it and step onto the platform. It's actually easier than you would think.

It is easy, but be careful to avoid loud metal on metal contact. Anyone wrap the bottom of the stirrup to quiet it down?
What are the thoughts of wrapping all the cast webbings of the platform with rope, similiar to this but the whole platform ? Should prevent stirrup clank...and be quieter to carry and set up...d8965377e699f4c213f3182cc52561e4.jpg

What are the thoughts of wrapping all the cast webbings of the platform with rope, similiar to this but the whole platform ? Should prevent stirrup clank...View attachment 2048

It couldn't hurt. I wrap all sorts of stuff with paracord. Latest project steering wheel in my truck.

I wrapped the entire perimeter of my lone wolf alpha last season with 1/4" jute rope because it is a natural material. I never weighed it but did not notice a considerable increase in weight.

I like the idea.

How did you start you're wraps ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: PJC
To start, I left a pig tail about 2-1/2" and kept wrapping over it to hide it. The end I tied a couple half hitches and wiped everything snug with some black braided fishing line I had laying around...

Alright, thanks. I'm wrapping my platform tomorrow. Great idea, because I keep clanking my spurs on the edges.

H
Alright, thanks. I'm wrapping my platform tomorrow. Great idea, because I keep clanking my spurs on the edges.

I hope it works out for you. I found it on youtube under Lone Wolf tree stand mods. Sometime two hunting seasons ago or thereabouts, There are other linked mods that also cover the rope mods to climbing sticks, one sticking , etc....hope it doesn't consume all your freetime....lol

Back