• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

split limb risers

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
How wide are they really? When I see pictures and video they look very wide in the limbs. I shoot a mathews dxt so maybe that is why they look so big to me. I'm considering upgrading in the offseason, and I'm looking at the obsession defcon m6 and the mathews halon 6, but both have split limbs.

How wide are they really? When I see pictures and video they look very wide in the limbs. I shoot a mathews dxt so maybe that is why they look so big to me. I'm considering upgrading in the offseason, and I'm looking at the obsession defcon m6 and the mathews halon 6, but both have split limbs.
They are big....I shoot a Mathews Z7, and also a Z7 extreme . Your DXT will have a nice small profile compared to the bows you are looking at on your post.

I used to dislike the split limb bows, too. I bought one anyway and got used to it no time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started looking at new bows this season...was a little surprised as how much bulkier they look but I thought they actually balance pretty good ....as far as the way the shop had it set up for a demo. Not overly heavy for my taste, but I like some weight on my bow.

I'll have to go test them out. I've just started researching and browsing the web. Thanks guys.

I have the Defcon 6 and I love split limbs myself. The bow isn't bulky at all and balances very well. Now the Mathews Halon IS bulky. I set one up for a buddy and the weight/balance of the riser just wasn't for me. The split limbs on it were extremely wide as well. Give an Obsession a try if you can find one to shoot. I love them!

I have the Defcon 6 and I love split limbs myself. The bow isn't bulky at all and balances very well. Now the Mathews Halon IS bulky. I set one up for a buddy and the weight/balance of the riser just wasn't for me. The split limbs on it were extremely wide as well. Give an Obsession a try if you can find one to shoot. I love them!

I've been leaning towards the defcon m6. My research is pushing me towards it and so far that is the bow I feel the best about. But I'm in no rush.

I also shoot the defcon m6 but am off loading it for a prime centergy. Split limb is not bad. Never really gave it a thought the difference. I had no issues with the defcon m6 when the rollers were replaced, but did not care for the companys service. I shot the prime and it is was like whoa. So either i will trade the defcon m6 with all accessories to offset the cost or sell it ....hint lol

I also shoot the defcon m6 but am off loading it for a prime centergy. Split limb is not bad. Never really gave it a thought the difference. I had no issues with the defcon m6 when the rollers were replaced, but did not care for the companys service. I shot the prime and it is was like whoa. So either i will trade the defcon m6 with all accessories to offset the cost or sell it ....hint lol

I'd like to shoot a Prime sometime. I've never really looked into them because I was never sure about the double cams. Seems like a great bow tho! So many good ones out now it's really hard to pick. Really need to handle them and shoot them to let the right one find you.

I'd like to shoot a Prime sometime. I've never really looked into them because I was never sure about the double cams. Seems like a great bow tho! So many good ones out now it's really hard to pick. Really need to handle them and shoot them to let the right one find you.

I shoot a Prime. IMO one of the best and most overlooked brands on the market. The primary benefit of the parallel cam system is the ease of tuning. Most can be tuned to shoot bullets out of the box within minutes with a few simple adjustments to centershot using their flexis AR, without the need to fiddle with rests and sights. They are also absolutely dead in the hand.

I shoot a Prime. IMO one of the best and most overlooked brands on the market. The primary benefit of the parallel cam system is the ease of tuning. Most can be tuned to shoot bullets out of the box within minutes with a few simple adjustments to centershot using their flexis AR, without the need to fiddle with rests and sights. They are also absolutely dead in the hand.

I was an elite shooter then switched to obsession because I wanted more speed. I then shot a prime because i was always interested in them missed the backwall on the elite. The new centergy was extremely well balanced and I felt the backwall was just a little bit better than I remember on my elite and definitely better then the obsession. I shot a handful of arrows on that and the fit and feel was overwhelmingly the best I felt with a bow. There are alot of good bows out there but as we know this is really an individual thing as well as far as what works for the shooter.

I am just waiting now for everything to come in. So my new rig will be the 2017 prime centergy with a cbe multipin slider, waiting for qad to ship a mxt rest which was marketed at the 2016 ATA but they have some production issues and have not shipped a single one. I have to figure out stabilizers but the bow is so balanced i may only need one for dampening vs stability.

I haven't shot the centergy yet but they looked killer. I know they have a few in stock at the local shop but i've been too busy to stop in and shoot one.

Personally keeping an eye out in AT classifieds for a used 70#, 30" DL Rize... going to be my 'new years gift' to myself lol...

The shop i call my home base because I practically live there alot of those guys shoot the rize and say it is a great bow. Then the centergy arrived lol!! I told the wife I was just going to look and within 3 hrs i was like order it. I figured because I got a new job that will double if not triple my yearly income I figured It would be a job well done gift lol!!

Needless to say but she was not overly thrilled but understands my addiction lol. I told her I would buy her some jewelry for the anniversary so that kind of buffered the situation lol!! I love her but i know i drive her crazy.

Back