• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sterling HTP

Dressedtokill

Think sterling HTP 9mm rope would work as a linesman belt with a ropeman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it works great for a linemans belt, tether, and bridge. In fact that is what i use. It is very durable as i have this also as my rope mod for my sticks. It knots well as well.

Yes it works great for a linemans belt, tether, and bridge. In fact that is what i use. It is very durable as i have this also as my rope mod for my sticks. It knots well as well.

U do use the ropeman 1? See any wear on the rope since you’ve been using this rope?

Think sterling HTP 9mm rope would work as a linesman belt with a ropeman

I think the Sterling HTP 9mm is a great rope, I used a 60' chuck all season for SRT, no complaints at all, hopefully I'll get a few more years out of it.

The ropeman 1 is not rated for 9mm rope so I can’t officially say to use it. However the rope is not true 9mm and is slightly larger in diameter. With that said i have noticed no damage using the ropeman. The rope appears in great condition. The sheath is intact, no crushing, and no milking.

The ropeman 1 is not rated for 9mm rope so I can’t officially say to use it. However the rope is not true 9mm and is slightly larger in diameter. With that said i have noticed no damage using the ropeman. The rope appears in great condition. The sheath is intact, no crushing, and no milking.

I have a couple of sterling ropes and they seem to be in a class of there own!

Do you use a ropeman with either of them?

Ropeman1 works but it is out of spec at 9mm. Ropeman2 is in spec but it is a bit harder on the rope. However, this is a tough rope compared to many and it will hold up well to the Ropeman2.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ropeman1 works but it is out of spec at 9mm. Ropeman2 is in spec but it is a bit harder on the rope. However, this is a tough rope compared to many and it will hold up well to the Ropeman2.

I tried it with the ropeman 1 and for the first test run worked perfect! Not say that couldn’t change but with all my gear on it seemed to work good!

I tried it with the ropeman 1 and for the first test run worked perfect! Not say that couldn’t change but with all my gear on it seemed to work good!

There are a few of us that use the ropeman1 for that reasoning. 3/8" is closer to 10 mm than 9 mm.

What he said.

Back