• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stumbled across an old Singer Machine

ADKMtnTrapper

Wasnt in the market for one but i couldnt pass it up for 30 bucks! Guy says that with works, does anyone know if this will stitch webbing?
a56c328c50057fff63473f651043cc0f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hard to say,
If the belt is good and doesn't slip it may depending on how many layers of webbing. You could turn the drive by hand if you had to , or just use it on lighter material and buy an easy stitch sewing awl for heavy jobs.
Good price...I paid 75ish for an older Singer 15-91 single stitcher.

Great get! I would say there is a good chance it will. And if it doesn't...some cleaning, oiling, and maybe a new belt will likely get you there.

I just watched a webbing stitching tutorial and the guy was using a sewing machine that looked exactly like that, although I don't know maybe all Singer sewing machines look the same. But he wasn't having a problem going through two layers of webbing.

That machine uses the German Shuttle Bobbin. It’s a little different, it probably will work, but you might fight that shuttle. It looks like a Sphinx.
That machine was not known as heavy duty, but if it works you willl have to fine tune the tension. Really the best old singer out there is the 201. They are the a powerhouse. My recommendation is watch YouTube videos for Singer Sphinx and get to know how that shuttle bobbin works

Thanks for all the input! I probably wont be using it much the buy was more for my wife. We have an old cast iron Singer stand that it will go with. I was hoping to maybe get some use out of it for some small jobs. Ill have to do some research and see what i can come up with.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back