• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

suggestions for side pouches

Jefferson10940

Staff member
Vendor Rep
SH Member
I picked up a trophyline saddle on the bay but it did not come with any storage pouches. I am going to need to purchase some, any suggestions of ones that work well ??? I want one for a linemans belt, another for my range finder, cell phone etc.......

I made some out if a shirt sleeve (the shirt material) because it is light but it also stretches. Working on using the long rubber twist ties to hold the lineman belt and tether in place and the phone goes in a pack. I am trying to keep the saddle pouch free so it doesn't rub or catch on anything.

Some of these other threads have some nice looking "dump pouch" deals on Ebay or Amazon that they have been using and I think one was a water bottle holder if I recall right.

Molle dump pouches are popular. There are a few threads on them, lots to choose from. I only like to use 1 dump pouch to keep my lineman's belt and tether in so my entire saddle system is in one place. For me the saddle gets too cumbersome if you try to put more than that in it.

Thanks for the advice. I picked up the trophyline pouch from ernie and ordered a mulle pouch. That should do it.

I will agree with Red on his setup. I went with two pouches to start with and it became a slight inconvenience for me. I place everything in one bag in the order I would use to setup with as I climb. It is my systematic approach to make setting up as flawless and easy for me.

So you guys do not carry a back pack in and hang it on the tree? Just the essentials on your saddle? Like I said this is all new to me and just trying to speed up the learning curve! I trust the veteran advice, especially if it can save some of the negative experiences with the saddle.

I prefer to carry most things in a backpack. I hang the pack on the tree somewhere on the opposite side around waist height when I'm standing to keep it out of the way.

So you guys do not carry a back pack in and hang it on the tree? Just the essentials on your saddle? Like I said this is all new to me and just trying to speed up the learning curve! I trust the veteran advice, especially if it can save some of the negative experiences with the saddle.
Last year I went without the backpack. But I added shoulder straps to my saddle that have a molle pattern on the back. I was able to put necessities in pouches on my side and strap my platform to the shoulder straps. I wear the saddle in and take the steps of my shoulders once in the tree.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have a small pack to keep the essentials in such as water and electrical tape (for tagging the deer), flashlight and things like that. I just don't like things flopping around and prefer to have them snug in the pack. Besides, if it is on the saddle and you move to get a shot, you have more movement and potential for sound.

I will agree with Red on his setup. I went with two pouches to start with and it became a slight inconvenience for me. I place everything in one bag in the order I would use to setup with as I climb. It is my systematic approach to make setting up as flawless and easy for me.

Same here. One Molle pouch on my right side holds everything I need. I started with two but found it wasn't needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made some pouches from fleece that are very light and silent. I like one on each side. Linesman's belt on right and Tether on my left. I made a larger one for the back of my saddle that I can put long ropes or larger items like pruners in temporarily while climbing.

I recently found a thread where g2 is using summit tree stand saddle bags on his trophyline. I found a set in my closet, but haven't tried to put them on yet. They are plenty big enough I would think.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The Summit Saddle Bags work great on the TL Saddle. On my SitDrag I opted for molle dump pouches from ebay.

The Summit Saddle Bags work great on the TL Saddle. On my SitDrag I opted for molle dump pouches from ebay.
Do you have a picture of your tether and lineman in the dump pouch. Could you let us know rope length and diameter. I have been looking for something more durable than what I made but don't want to risk having a branch pull the rope out or have it get hung on everything.

Back