• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

SWEET STINK

Autumnrider

Got the recipe boiling for pigs..
50# of corn or as needed
1 pack yeast
5# sugar
3+ packs ofCool Aid... strawberry/raspberry
5 gal. Bucket or more
Post hole digger
Atv or strong back
Camera

5 gal. Bucket filled 3/4 full with corn, add yeast, cool aid and sugar.
Fill bucket with water until corn is covered 2" .
Set in sun for a week+. (Do not fasten down the lid) CAUTION...IF LID IS FASTENED DOWN, BUCK WILL EXPLODE.
At bait site....
Dig 2 - 3 hole 3' deep
In each hole, fill hole 1/3 with SWEET STINK. Cover with some dirt...repeat this step until each hole ia full and covered with dirt.
Sling the left over SWEET STINK all over everything you can at bait area.
Place camera in area to get an idea of what time site is being visited.
Enter area an hour or two before pigs show.
Pigs have to work hard for it and the bait will stay longer.
Refresh as needed...
Preferred weapon...
Bow .... cause u have a real good chance of killing more than one.
Rifle/shotgun...... pigs disappear for the rest of the day.
GOOD LUCK

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I'm curious to how the pork tastes..?
Been thinking a hog hunt for several several years but haven't done it yet.
Smaller better...??

Corn, yeast, sugar - I almost thought you were making something else out there in your woods...

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Try to kill pigs that are no more than 100-120# and you will be impressed.
Much bigger and the meat smells some what and has an odd taste
The best hog I ever shot was about 60lbs or so.
Listen to Autumrider.
My biggest was a 150lbs wet sow and it was decent too. I dont think I would shoot a big boar because I wouldnt want to eat him and my wife would leave me if I had his big ugly head on the wall...
But now that I live in Florida after retiring from the Corps, I may have to test that theory!

The best hog I ever shot was about 60lbs or so.
Listen to Autumrider.
My biggest was a 150lbs wet sow and it was decent too. I dont think I would shoot a big boar because I wouldnt want to eat him and my wife would leave me if I had his big ugly head on the wall...
But now that I live in Florida after retiring from the Corps, I may have to test that theory!

I will shoot bigger hogs but I will use those for buzzard dawgs bait.
It's fun to call around a meal that was served to them.

Just started cooking up 9 buckets of SWEET STINK. This will be good for 3 bait stations. I don't know how the yeast will do because the Temps will be in the 20's at night and 50's in the day. Hopefully the buckets will warm enough during the day.
If I think ahead of time, I'll try to post pics of the bait site, bait set up.and camera pictures of pigs.
This is gonna be a blast......

We put out the stink today!! It dod not really stink, smells more like BEER. The one one the left is Seals72.
e5ae14ec55d9d5d398ff35d8abd76dde.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

It will work. We use to do that all the time. Never added sugar though. I’m sure it helps. The longer you let it ferment the better. They will dig a hole for it!
I’ve never had bad hog meat. I’ve shot a 300 lb boar and the meat was pretty as could be. My buddy shot a 400lb boar and it was great also. I’ve seen some that others killed that when you walked up to it, it stunk. I’m not sure why some stink and others don’t but you will know if the meat is bad before you even cut the skin off. Just walk away.

I think it was the pep talk about all the disease and parasites they carry that @Boudreaux gave the first night. I believe everybody was scared to shoot something after that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Haha I think so!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back