• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Swhacked Off

DIYSaddler

Just thought I would share these with anyone who is thinking about trying to go cheap on their machanical broadheads this year. This is what my Swhackers look like after one deer. I think the more bent one is the one that went between her eyes but the other was a standard double lung. I understand blades getting bent or even broken but the ferrule getting bent is just crazy to me. I have shot a rage through the ribcage and out the other side and through a femur and the only ding was the blade that cut the femur in half was a little bent.
14800670_10209611623601127_1661744074_n.jpg

14799034_10209611623801132_360263470_n.jpg

Yikes! I think I'll pass on those lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that's surprising. I spined a buck last year with one and it bent a tiny bit but I didn't realize it until I went to replace the blades and they wouldn't fold up all the way. May have been when I was trying to yank it out. Second shot in the heart and that one came out looking new.

I've never had an issue with my swhacker. They have been really good to me. Until something comes out better than the swhacker, they will be my choice

I just put a rage hypodermic through opposite side shoulder blade and still got a complete pass through. Blades were still sharp. Only discernible wear was on the very tip of the ferrule. It was just the teensiest bit rounded out, but still pointy. Super impressed.

For the record my BIL got a doe with a shwacker using his crossbow and the blades were totally trashed. Ferrule looked OK though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazy but this is why I shoot the fixed slick trick heads tough as nails good for at least 2-3 deer from my experience.

Crazy but this is why I shoot the fixed slick trick heads tough as nails good for at least 2-3 deer from my experience.
Magnus stinger 4 blades for me. I'm only shooting 54#. I shot some of the NAP killzone low KE for a while, but wasn't always getting passthroughs so I went back to my tried and true stingers..

I've been using helix 125s. Single bevel on heavy FMJs. I used them to harvest my elk last year. Lots of momentum there and zero chance of blade failure

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It does suck that with todays materials and the cost of broadheads you were one shot and done with those shwackers

I just sent the pictures to Swhackers. They're sending me a replacement set but I think I'm going to return them with my receipt if I can find it and get another set of rage. I have some dirtnap heads and those things are bullet proof but they're on my daughters bow for the extra penetration.

I used to shoot rage hypos they were such a nasty head did some damage. I really got into bow tuning within the last couple of years so i do it all myself which is why i shoot fixed. Its great for the supertuners like myself out there. Plus when i would be ground hunting/stalking sometimes those blades would catch something, open up and that would be the end of it.

I love my swackers. Not a problem to replace a broad head if it is damaged as long as,it kills what I'm shooting! So far though none of mine have been damaged and were still pretty sharp!

I used to shoot rage hypos they were such a nasty head did some damage. I really got into bow tuning within the last couple of years so i do it all myself which is why i shoot fixed. Its great for the supertuners like myself out there. Plus when i would be ground hunting/stalking sometimes those blades would catch something, open up and that would be the end of it.
Yeah right now I'm ground stalking using the replacement schwackers sent me then when I'm on the stand I'm using rage.

I love my swackers. Not a problem to replace a broad head if it is damaged as long as,it kills what I'm shooting! So far though none of mine have been damaged and were still pretty sharp!
The replacement pack I got from Schwackers seemed to be of a better quality than the pack I got from Walmart upon compairison. They were a darker anodized green and also sharper. Makes me wonder if they're not cheaping it up for Walmart.

The replacement pack I got from Schwackers seemed to be of a better quality than the pack I got from Walmart upon compairison. They were a darker anodized green and also sharper. Makes me wonder if they're not cheaping it up for Walmart.

They probably are...

I had bought a digital camera years ago that a friend of mine liked. He decided to pick one up for himself. He got his at walmart, same model # as mine and it wasn't anywhere near the quality.

Back