• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tactacam 4.0

kenn1320

I picked up one recently along with extra battery. I bought the bow/stabilizer mount. First thing I can tell you is on a recurve, way too much vibration and bow kick. There is no way I can see where the arrow hit and after the shot Im now pointing above the target and cannot see it. I took my son on youth hunt Saturday and decided to just hold it in my hand and film on 5x. We had deer at 15yds and I was pointed at 10yds. The deer are in the pic, but at times cutting their heads off. I was holding the thing at eye level, cant believe how hard it was to aim. Footage is nice, much better than the wide angle gopro stuff I have seen on youtube. Going forward I will likely get the head mount and accept the fact that when Im ready to shoot, it likely wont be pointed at the deer. Ill at least be able to get footage of where Im looking the rest of the time. There is a wifi option so Ill be able to look at my phone when visibility is decent and ensure the cam is pointing where Im looking. Plugged into the wall, it takes hours to charge the batterys. On high def you need to download a special player when using windows 10 computer. All in all I guess Im not real happy given the money spent. I missed filming my hunts and thought this would be money well spent over carrying a cam corder and tree arm. Its easier to carry, but thats about it. My opinion may change after a few more hunts, time will tell......

They make a mount you can attach to your riser but it would only work on a compound. They do produce good footage but your right on the vibration.

They make a mount you can attach to your riser but it would only work on a compound. They do produce good footage but your right on the vibration.

Im shooting an ILF recurve(metal riser) so I am using the mount designed for mounting to the riser like compounds. Recurves have a lot more vibration than modern compounds.

I picked up one recently along with extra battery. I bought the bow/stabilizer mount. First thing I can tell you is on a recurve, way too much vibration and bow kick. There is no way I can see where the arrow hit and after the shot Im now pointing above the target and cannot see it. I took my son on youth hunt Saturday and decided to just hold it in my hand and film on 5x. We had deer at 15yds and I was pointed at 10yds. The deer are in the pic, but at times cutting their heads off. I was holding the thing at eye level, cant believe how hard it was to aim. Footage is nice, much better than the wide angle gopro stuff I have seen on youtube. Going forward I will likely get the head mount and accept the fact that when Im ready to shoot, it likely wont be pointed at the deer. Ill at least be able to get footage of where Im looking the rest of the time. There is a wifi option so Ill be able to look at my phone when visibility is decent and ensure the cam is pointing where Im looking. Plugged into the wall, it takes hours to charge the batterys. On high def you need to download a special player when using windows 10 computer. All in all I guess Im not real happy given the money spent. I missed filming my hunts and thought this would be money well spent over carrying a cam corder and tree arm. Its easier to carry, but thats about it. My opinion may change after a few more hunts, time will tell......

I have the 2.0 version on my compound stabilizer mount. I have had the same problem up close so I tried stick on mount on bill of ball hat worse. The up and down is tough to get dialed in. I speedy stitched a piece of 1" elastic webbing to bill of ball hat works better but when I go to draw have to turn it left right hand shooter still messing with it but not happy or consistent with it. I like the camera a lot but haven't figured a good way to film with it other than guessing. Didn't know about phone app and not sure it's available for my model. Maybe I can devise some sort of sight to rig on it to reach from hat to eye or some part of face like kisser so it's pointed the right way. If you figure out something I'm all ears. I have also had a problem with turning it on and it runs 30 seconds or a minute and shuts itself off. I should probably send it in to have it checked out. Missed a miss on a nice buck last year and a kill 15 minutes later on a 110 eight point didn't have the SIM card pushed all the way in. I was sick just knew I had both on camera went to download to computer and it was black screen. First time I used it haven't made that mistake again. Bottom line nice camera if I could use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back