• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tenzing Sherpa Sling?

justsomedude

Any one using these? Jus got one in the mail and I'm trying to decide if want to keep it. The small loops are velcro (they use a different name..).....you can keep the velcro loops attached to your gear and use the quick release clips. A cool feature is that when you detach it, it clips to itself like a seatbelt. The Strap is nice and wide and stretchy. I was thinking it could carry climbing sticks etc but double duty on other items.

It ain't cheap for a strap.

Looks nice let us know how it works

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

I have a universal strap. The Tenzing is way more comfortable with wide stretchy neoprene. I just need to experiment with it a bit today

I have a universal strap. The Tenzing is way more comfortable with wide stretchy neoprene. I just need to experiment with it a bit today

Just gave me an idea... i have an old rifle sling with a neoprene pad that i don't use... hmmm...

This Sherpa sling would be great for carrying camp stuff...firewood, coolers etc. I just wish it wasnt Velcro and I would put less hardware

I basically built my own version of this at wal mart 6 or 7 years ago. They had universal straps in the camping section, as well as 4' straps that had buckles on the end. I put them together and created a stick carrying sling for less than $10. It's still in use today and going strong!

Yeah...I liked my Tenzing daypack so much that I was thinking they had a great design. They're just thinking you'll use it to carry your Yeti cooler :)

Back