• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tenzing TX 17 Backpack!

justsomedude

I just got one in the mail. 2500 cu inches and weighs 3#. Kryptec pattern....less than $100 shipped on Amazon.

Tenzing is smart. They put features on it that you will actually use.

The TX packs aren't built as heavy as the TC. The waist and chest straps in particular are thinner and not all padded. It isn't a serious hiking pack which is why I wanted it. I generally hike less than a mile and just need a quiet bag to stuff my insulating layers into.

The frame and back straps are VERY comfortable. The pack isn't bulky. Adjustment straps are easy to use. Zippers are nice. There is a big multi compartment flap on the front where you can stuff jackets, hat, gloves and it even has zipper compartments too. Very nice feature. That is what sold me on it.

The main compartment is big. They very wisely added a side access on the left side of the pack. Hanging in the tree, you can open that and get to the bottom of the main compartment.

There is a top pouch that is perfect for stuff you will hang in the tree....calls, rangefinder etc.

I will probably attach a rope bag so I am not putting wet muddy ropes in the pack.

I love Tenzing packs!! I have 3 the TC 1500, 2000, and 3000. They are well made and built to last IMHO. I was going to go with something in the TX line but ended up getting a TC 3000. My decision was based on solely because I film so it holds everything nicely plus I do hike far so padding was another reason. Nice review I sure it will perform.

The TC are better if you are going to carrying more weight.

I just packed it up...Insulated pants, Insulated Jacket, Rain Poncho, 2 mid layers, 40' of Rope/Tether gear, Kestrel, foot stirrups/tether and my calls and everything...still room for extras. And if I wear the saddle, even more. But the compression straps take up the slack if you don't fill it.

Back