• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Texas Public Land Hog Hunt Video

Bobert

Make sure the video is played on 1080 HD setting for the best quality.

Here is a short video that I made while archery hunting pigs on public land in Texas. I was hunting out of a stand, but this hunt is one of the reasons why I wanted to switch from a stand to a saddle. It took me several hours and two trips to get my stand out and then my quartered meat out. It was pretty darn hot, so I was freaking out about my meat spoiling, luckily I didn't loose any.

This was shot using a Fourth Arrow camera arm (the regular one, not the carbon fiber one)
Canon 80D
H1 Zoom recorder for sound.

Hope you enjoy it.

Very nice video!!! Those suckers are tough he walked off like nothing happened!! Very cool

Very nice video!!! Those suckers are tough he walked off like nothing happened!! Very cool

Thanks man. Yeah he was acting like he didn't even know an arrow just went right through him. He walked off and bedded down 30 yards from the stand. Tough tough boar. Had a thick layer of cartilage built up on both of his sides.

I live in the northeast and hogs haven't invaded yet but they are on the list for game wanting to hunt. Really enjoyed it and fyi you will have to post that recipe food looks good.

Awesome video! That was a great shot. I really thought he was gonna drop right in front of you and I can't believe he walked off! He looked like a big one!

I live in the northeast and hogs haven't invaded yet but they are on the list for game wanting to hunt. Really enjoyed it and fyi you will have to post that recipe food looks good.
Thanks MCDM. It was a pretty simple recipe. I just brined the roast for a day. Then covered it and put it in the oven. Slow and low for almost 2 hours. The brine is the key. I added some brown sugar to my brine.
Awesome video! That was a great shot. I really thought he was gonna drop right in front of you and I can't believe he walked off! He looked like a big one!
Thanks redsquirrel. He was decent sized. Pig's vitals sit a little further forward than a deers. But the arrow did hit lung and liver. He was just tough.

There is a really cool video by DeerMeatForDinner on YouTube about the shoulder armor on a large boar. I'll try to find it, but after he butchers the hog he shows the armor and how it affects shot placement. Pretty Cool.

I know these hogs are a nuisance but you have to admire the toughness of them. Really cool stuff

I know these hogs are a nuisance but you have to admire the toughness of them. Really cool stuff
Yeah for sure. I'm originally from PA, so having a big game animal that I can hunt year round is pretty cool. Thanks for checking out the video man.

Back