• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Thankyou for all the ideas!

Chad

64264618b9b34b67f0cbb45992a3820e.jpg

6c13b10d52b46c8a5bd0ad35784c9f41.jpg

e31a54ef5f77b236a4ffcacab8bd40bf.jpg

This is my first attempt at a saddle. Trying to find one pretty hard out here on the west coast of Canada. I've thrown in a couple pics and would very much welcome any feed back about how to improve this design.
Originally I had wanted to slide a mountain climbers harness where you see the contraction belt. The only real reason I've swapped to the construction belt is that it seems to be a little more comfortable to wear. I very strongly doubt that if I'm tied off to the tree and secured at the belt, the belt will not break....I welcome any thoughts on that.
For my second run.... I'm going to drastically increase the length of the 3" webbing so that I won't need to rely on a bridge to connect to the saddle.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20161104_184531.jpg
    20161104_184531.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 31
Hi Chad
Don't turn your nose up at buying used from the boys down south. Figure out the shipping and include it in the cost.
All the manufacturers will ship, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Chad
Don't turn your nose up at buying used from the boys down south. Figure out the shipping and include it in the cost.
All the manufacturers will ship, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was sure I had already responded, but I don't see it here :(

It's certainly not a matter of turning my nose up. I've bought a sewing machine for this project, and a couple others. The fabric cost currently and supplies including the sewing machine I'd about $220.

I'd be pretty hard pressed to find someone willing to part with their saddle for $220 cdn, including shipping.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I don't see anything that is rated for climbing except the webbing. And that doesn't appear to actually be attached to you.
I'm sure the belt wouldn't just rip in half. But since it isn't rated for climbing, you could have a failure of the buckle that likely isn't meant to stand up to a drop.
Are you planning to use the belt at your waist and the loops for your Linemans belt? Seems like they will be too low.

Perhaps you could solve both concerns (if you share them) with a simple linemans belt (i.e. treehopper) would provide you a way to climb with proper Linemans loops and a back up in case something goes wrong at height.

Completely agree and have built a Lineman's Belt and used a completely different set up along with a Cobra Buckle for fall arrest.

Back