• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The lightest multi-step aider ever conceived?

flinginairos

Vendor Rep
I’ve had this idea in mind for a while and I made it happen today. A four step aider made of one continuous piece of 1/4” Amsteel! Weighs 3oz exactly compared to my Black Diamond that weighs 9oz. Takes roughly 10.3’ of Amsteel to pull it off. Climbing it is exactly like any other aider and it feels very solid!!

f976bb47fb4f567492d49613f4e0e0ed.jpg

Never mind the zip ties. It was just to hold the splices until I could lock stitch them. I put scrap pieces of rope in the bottom of each step to help hold them open
e065bd96235fd5deb91ef130dcd5d4b6.jpg

Compared to the BD 5 step. I used it to get my loop dimensions and spacing
f1c33238aa1f8b32696e68a110cc8e6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a rough drawing of someone would want to make one. Pink outline is the 48” length of rope starting from the center of the top loop. The two sections where the other side of the rope buries inside the other needs to be lock stitched
aea07bce08c8aeb72e1c5827bcf0688a.jpg

Very slick. I would love to see a vid of someone using a multi with the sticks or steps. Pete

I'm hoping to do one with with my taider and stepps in the next couple months.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's really a lot easier to climb than my old vid makes it look haha. Climbing in the Web with that aider I had was a pain!

Man that looks nice. I tinkered with a multi step aider using tubular webbing but it really wasn’t for me. Too much fishing my foot around to find the loop hole. I’m tempted to try this out though....

Roughly the third of the price compared to commercial webbing. Probably could fit in your pocket.

How much weight is saved by removing the bottom step? I know the bolt is still there, and the one extra fabric step... would it add much weight to leave a bottom step in place?

How much weight is saved by removing the bottom step? I know the bolt is still there, and the one extra fabric step... would it add much weight to leave a bottom step in place?

That stick is just an idea I was trying using webbing loops instead of steps. It works but hard to climb with boots on. The final set I’m making will have dual fixed steps and Amsteel aiders on each one. Will most likely do a three step on sticks 2-3

Back